GoDaddy Login Form No Longer Works

Options

Not sure if it's a 1Password thing or a GoDaddy thing, but it's driving me crazy! I can no longer use 1Password to fill out my login and password for GoDaddy. I've tried it in the latest versions of Safari and Chrome, with the latest version of 1Password and browser extensions from the Mac App Store.

The login field blinks for a second, and the password field looks like it populates, but as soon as you click on the login field, the password field goes blank. So right now, the only way I can login to GoDaddy is by copy-pasting the login and password from 1Password to the browser. HELP!

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @russellweller! Well-spotted -- I've just confirmed the behavior here using my setup as well. I'm going to move this thread into the the Saving and Filling in Browsers forum, if you don't mind, since this does not appear to be a Mac-specific issue.

It appears GoDaddy have changed their login page behavior to something that looks as if it's using some Javascript voodoo -- I'm not quite sure what. I will certainly file an issue with our extensions team, but unfortunately I don't have any better workaround for you at the moment. Copying and pasting your sign-in information will be the best way to do this for the immediate future until we can determine whether this is something we can address on our end. There are a tiny handful of websites whose login pages intentionally thwart the use of password managers, and on these there's little we can do. Historically, though, these tend to be banks and other financial services outlets; I'm hopeful a web-focused entity such as GoDaddy won't have adopted such practices, but we won't know for certain until we take a closer look. Thanks again for the catch!

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options
  • littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Just for continuity I'm going to close this thread in favour of the ongoing conversation at the link helpfully provided by darrenNZ :smile: @russellweller, please do feel free to post there if you wish to continue discussing the matter :smile:

This discussion has been closed.