Tagging for access to vaults

We have several vaults that contain the various passwords for different systems. We would like to keep this organization in place, but we need to also provide selective access to groups to content in each vault. So for example we may have a vault with passwords for systems in a given geography. We have SysAdmin and DBAs groups. We would like to grant the SysAdmins access to all the passwords in a given vault, but allow the DBAs access to a subset in that vault. I could see this being accomplished through tagging or through sub-vaults.

1Password Version: 6.8.462
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@craig_lindsay: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It isn't possible to restrict access on a per-item basis. Rather, access permissions are handled at the vault level. So you can grant a user read-only access or read/write access to a vault. You can always create additional vaults though so items in them can be shared differently based on that vault's permissions. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.