i cant log on to my phone apps. i changed my master password and it is not working

ozzyS
ozzyS
Community Member

i changed password on my phone. i was able to log in, then once it closed the password did not work. I am able to open the apps on my laptop however I am unable to make changes using the same master key that i used to open the app. I do not know what to do. since i am unable to do anything except use the one on my laptop

1Password Version: version 6.85
Extension Version: 6.85
OS Version: mac OShighsierra
Sync Type: manual
Referrer: forum-search:i cant log on to my phone apps. i changed my master password and it is not working

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@ozzyS: Sorry for the trouble. It sounds like you may have more than one Master Password on more than one device. That can happen because each 1Password app takes as its Master Password the password of the first vault (or account) you create/link on that device. So if you were using a local Primary vault on your Mac, say, and then you also opened a 1password.com account with a different Master Password, your Mac app would still use the Master Password from your Primary vault instead of the one from your 1password.com account.

You listed your sync type as "manual," but I'm not certain what that means. Can you tell us on how many devices you're using 1Password, and what specific method of sync you use? Thanks in advance.

• ozzyS
    ozzyS
    Community Member

Thank you for your response. I am using 3 devices. I dowloaded the 1password toubleshooting app yesterday and sent over a report. I am able to upen the 1password on my computer, however, I am unable to make any changes...because they can not verify my password...or maybe its the master key. I use the barcode to enter the info...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ozzyS: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: YKR-63542-565

This discussion has been closed.