Simulated input warning dialog

iphoneuser
iphoneuser
Community Member

Recently (last couple weeks or so) I have used 1P to log in to a website (not the same website) and I immediately see an alert from Little Snitch about a connection attempt to iCloud.com. This is strange as the websites in question are not iCloud related and I don't have Safari autofill enabled or the iCloud Keychain. But what is really weird to me is that Little Snitch then throws up a notification about a "simulated input ignored" by the OS System Events process. According to the notification the input was ignored. The login process is ultimately successful. My guess is that the simulated input is related to the 1P auto submit script.
The first time this happened, I attributed it to an OS X gremlin but now it has happened again. I understand this may be a question for the Little Snitch developers (and I know Little Snitch can cause problems) but I thought I would first check if anyone here knows about this issue and if it is of concern.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@iphoneuser: I'm not sure I follow. You're using iCloud sync. If Apple expires your session (this is happening roughly once a day now) 1Password will try to redirect you to the browser to sign back in. Have you tried doing that? Are you using the AgileBits Store version of 1Password, or the Mac App Store version? Also, did you use 1Password to fill your login credentials at the time you saw this message? I'm not familiar with that myself, but we can probably narrow it down. :)

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member

I am using the App Store version with the auto submit script installed. I do not see daily prompts to log into iCloud from the browser (I am actually not sure what you mean here; I almost never access iCloud via the browser and 1P seems to by syncing fine). I am signed in to iCloud via System Preferences and that persists. I believe the sequence of events is, i) open webpage that has stored credentials in 1P, ii) LS alert about connection to iCloud.com, iii) deny connection attempt (with a mouse click), iv) fill in credentials with 1P (actually this part I am unsure of; it may be that iv) is before ii), and v) LS alert about "simulated input".
    Like I said, this is pretty rare but has happened twice recently.
    Thanks for your time.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@iphoneuser - would you mind sending along a screenshot of the pop-up messages you're seeing? Make sure to redact any potentially-identifying information from them before posting. I'd be curious to see the exact nature of the message. Thanks in advance.

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Sure. It is a Little Snitch alert. I don't want to waste too much of your time on this. I don't know for certain but my guess is there is some issue with the auto submit script and the connection alert from Little Snitch. It is just strange that it has never happened previously. Hopefully attaching the image was successful.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@iphoneuser: Thanks! Yeah, I just don't know what that is. It appears to be something that's part of macOS itself. Now, it's possible that 1Password is triggering this somehow, and I'd expect that to be related to the Autosubmit script...but I've never encountered that myself or hear from anyone else who has. Disabling autosubmit in 1Password should allow you to determine if it's something else though if it still happens after that. Super curious.

• iphoneuser
    iphoneuser
    Community Member

That preference is in the Browsers tab, "Automatically sign in...", correct? I can give that a try. I will keep an eye on it.
    Thanks for your time.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@iphoneuser You got it: Browsers tab. Let us know what comes of it!

This discussion has been closed.