How to move existing vault from iCloud to this new annual Pay Cloud

robdbirch
robdbirch
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Mac

Well my first experience with this cloud version is not good. Doesn't seem to pick up my existing vault from iCloud.
Watched the video hasn't helped.
There must be a one click point to an existing 1password vault and import and merge!

WHERE IS IT????
I am sure it's right in front of my nose!!!!
Please, don't let it be that I will have to move ** 800+ items** manually!!!!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.5 (685003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2 (17C88)
Sync Type: 1password web/icloud

Comments

• robdbirch
    robdbirch
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

What a cluster, maybe there's a better way?

Had to go to the vault I wanted to import into the new 1Password Cloud Annual Charge Product

1. Highlight all entries
    2. Click on them to get the "share" menu item
    3. Select the menu item with the appropriate vault you want to import into
    4. Select whether you want to "move" or "copy" the selected items.

Not sure if this worked exactly, because now I am showing over 1000 items in the 1Password Cloud Annual Charge Vault which is way over the 800+ I coped!!!

I thought one of the reasons for an annual subscription charges was to use the new and additional revenue to create more features and better functionality?

Really?

My first experience is a BIG FAT NOPE!

• robdbirch
    robdbirch
    Community Member

It appears the reason I have over 1000 items is that the new 1Password Cloud Annual Charge Product is counting the attachments, also. There is a nice Documents list item with the attachments, a thumbs up to the 1Password Cloud Annual Charge Product on that one.

• Hi @robdbirch! I'd be happy to help out with that. It sounds like your data may have been migrated over more than once, so let's take a closer look. Could you please create a Diagnostics Report from your Mac?

How to send a diagnostics report from your Mac

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email, and send it to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum username so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a confirmation number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• robdbirch
    robdbirch
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Thank you Jacob for the follow up.

1Password cloud subscription seems to be working very well for me! I was having a hard time finding the most efficient mechanism to import and merge existing vault(s) into 1Password cloud. It appears I missed the first automated opportunity to import when initially opening the account.

There are many wonderful and flexible ways to to move,copy and import/export .pif(s) and vault items. It appears to me that a simple single step to do it directly in the 1Password Mac app is missing, or I could not find it. For example, a menu pop up directly on the vault name with a share option just like on a single item in a vault but to do all the items in the vault instead of selecting all of the items in a vault and using that pop-up share menu item.

Thanks again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad Jacob was able to help! For most folks, it's a single step to migrate, but certainly for those of us with more complex setups it isn't as easy. We just don't want to mess things up. But we'll continue to work to streamline it. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.