To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Account frozen

pduffus
pduffus
Community Member

Hi there, I mistakenly signed up for the subscription service, but I only wanted the standalone version. Please could you give me details of how I can 'Downgrade' to standalone and still keep all my passwords.

Many thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

HI @pduffus -- Sorry for the confusion! Fortunately, this isn't difficult to accomplish. However, since discussing it is potentially going to include some personally-identifying information, if you can answer by way of an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com, we'll handle it via email, if you don't mind.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/81536/account-frozen#latest
    • Your forum username: pduffus

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the Subject line of the reply.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :) Thanks very much!

• pduffus
    pduffus
    Community Member
    edited August 2017

Hi Lars,

Thanks for getting back to me over this matter, as requested here is the support ticket reference:
    Re: [#NPE-34637-232] Account frozen

ref: #NPE-34637-232

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Thanks @pduffus -- looks like my colleague Greig took care of you!

• Fredd_Parr
    Fredd_Parr
    Community Member

My account is frozen well...however I bought a standalone subscription a long time a go...and as of a week or so ago I now get the account frozen error...I need help fixing that :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Fredd_Parr - not to get pedantic on you here, but there is no such thing as a "standalone subscription." I'm mentioning this because it sounds like what you may have purchased in the past is a standalone license, which is not a subscription product. If you signed up for a 1Password membership, that's a separate purchase, but it comes with a 30-day free trial. Did you sign up for a trial 1password.com account about 30 days ago?

1Password memberships use the same 1Password apps you're already familiar with, but instead of a single purchase for a specific version of 1Password on one platform, you pay a monthly or annual fee for not only unlimited access to ALL our native apps (Mac, Windows, iOS and Android), but also the data hosting, sync service and all the features that come with it. If you'd like to continue with your 1Password membership, unfreezing your account is as simple as heading to the Billing tab of your account in a web browser and entering your payment details. But even if you don't, your data is not gone, nor is it held hostage -- you can export your data to either .1pif or CSV for use anywhere else.

• Fredd_Parr
    Fredd_Parr
    Community Member

I bought a license for it...I have the license in a file on my computer but as I said recently it thinks I have a subscription...which I dont...however I was trying to reinstall the program after re formatting everything on my computer...maybe i signed up thinking that was what I needed to do...but the point is I have a license that I have been using for quite some time.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2017

@Fredd_Parr -- looking in our back office under the email you used to register here on our forum, I see an account that is indeed frozen after the expiration of the 30-day trial.

It sounds as if you did indeed sign up for an account after re-formatting your Mac. That's actually just fine; we never lock you out of your data even if it becomes frozen. You can still access this data and export it or move the items to local vaults. What "frozen" means is that you can't add any new items, or change/delete any existing data in a frozen account.

So, the question now is: do you want to keep this 1Password account ($35.88/yr), or go back to using 1Password as a standalone app? To keep using the account, simply visit the Billing tab of your account in a web browser, and enter a payment method. A 1Password account is the most convenient and secure way to use 1Password, and you can read the advantages of using a 1Password account. However, if you still prefer to use 1Password as a standalone app, you can move your data from account vaults to local vaults. It's up to you!

• Flightrider
    Flightrider
    Community Member

Gentlemen,

Like many who have posted on here already, I am a long term user of 1 PW, having purchase it least 3 times now in the past (possibly 4). I have a 1PW license # for Windows, and also purchased the stand alone V6 for the Mac. But we're going entirely Mac now. So, All I need to do is set up my wife's new MacBookPro under my existing license. But I cannot find my License # for the V6 on my Mac... just that it says I'm licensed.

To get to the point, I'd like to install V6 on my wife's new MBPro and utilize the license I already paid for. Not interested in shelling out more money each and every month for the software I've paid for 3 or 4 times now in the past. I understand I'm missing out on all those great features you'd like to sell me, but I need to draw the line. I paid for the software; it works fine; I don't need to change. The stand alone version works fine for me. Nice product.

I'm a little saddened AG has gone the route of all the other Software giants. But, glad to hear that you will honor your previous contracts for the thousands of us who believed in your product, told all our friends about it, and who trust that you will do the right thing.

Please send me a link with instructions and how to download a stand alone version of V6 for the Mac. Also, please tell me how to get my license number!

Thanking you in advance.

Dave C

• Ben
    Ben
    edited January 2018

Hi @Flightrider

In the past 1Password was licensed per-person, per-platform. As for locating the license you purchased this guide should help:

If you see “Trial Expired” in 1Password

Unless you have a license that indicates it is valid for more than one person your wife would need her own license, which can be purchased here:

https://agilebits.com/store

Either way, once you have the license (her own or a multi-user one), the software can be downloaded here:

Downloads - 1Password

I hope that helps!

Ben

P.S. If you need further assistance locating your purchase we’d be happy to help, but please email us at support@agilebits.com. We’re unable to assist with account/purchase/licensing details here on the public forums. :)

This discussion has been closed.