3 bugs i found

vol
vol
Community Member

Hello, I think I found a bugs, but maybe I'm doing something wrong. Can you please check this out? I'm not sure if I should aggregate this issues or made 3 different posts, but I didn't want to spam so…

(BUG#1)
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create a custom item (server for example)
2. Delete ALL premade sections and fields
3. Add many sections and many fields of different types. Name first section "Username"
4. At the bottom of (for example) 3rd section add field with password type and give it easy password "aaa"
5. Duplicate this entry, change it's title and some data but do not change "aaa" password

Expected: "Repeating passwords" show that both entries used same password
Result: No entries in "Repeating passwords".

(BUG#2)
1. After doing all steps above from BUG#1 go to chosen ("Servers") tab
2. Add new server with prefilled data. Give it title, username and password
3. Compare it to the entries you did in BUG#1
4. Table cell with all entries should have "Title" and "Username"
Expected: All cells should have both "Title" and "Username"
Result: Only premade "Username" is displayed in cell

BUG#3(?)
0. Let's assume I want to duplicate item for convenience as 90% of my data is the same for 2 items, but passwords are (obviously!) different.
1. Duplicate any item
2. Change it's passwords
3. Look at "passwords used before"
Expected: There is a password used before but as it was a duplicated item for convinience purposes. And to be honst it wasn't used before on this server. It's just a trash data from duplication! I should be able to delete it.
Result: I have "password used before" on a server that didn't have this password and I cannot delete it.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: my.1password

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

Welcome to the forum, @vol! Thanks for such a detailed set of bug reports, and no worries about how you're presenting them. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce your initial bug at all. Password fields are a unique field type, and when I followed your example, in Security Audit under Duplicate Passwords, I found both entries waiting for me there. I'm not sure whether you may have done something differently than I did or if not, what else could account for the discrepancy, but it worked exactly as you'd expect for me.

Can you provide a little more explanation for your second bug? Field labels are different from section names, and just because a given Section name OR field title appears in one record doesn't mean it should appear in all records in the category. I'm not sure what you mean by Table cell with all entries should have "Title" and "Username" -- if you mean in the items list, the name of the server record should be listed, and underneath it should be username (if one exists). If you're looking for the title of the section, that's not displayed.

With regard to the Previously Used Passwords section, 1Password captures ANY password used in that specific record. This is there mostly to provide a non-deletable record of any changes made to the password, whether generated by 1Password or manually entered by the user -- or carried over from a duplication. If the password is "trash data," then if you want to make multiple copies of it, I'd suggest not using a password at all; that way nothing will be carried forward into the duplicates, but the password field will still be present (because it's a default). You can then add in (or generate) whatever password you wish for each new copy of the record.

This discussion has been closed.