Strange records for "Recordit"

Options
kokarn
kokarn
Community Member

Hello everyone!
Just got spooked by a couple of entries in my Vault.
They are set as just passwords but with the url "app://us.freshout.RecordIt".

RecordIt is a screen-recording tool I've been using on and off.
I also managed to get this window https://i.imgur.com/QPw4Phd.png

Doesn't this look like RecordIt is trying to store the password I just generated and filled?
The earliest one I have is from December 27th.

I've emailed RecordIt support but no answer as of yet.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kokarn - don't panic. I'm not personally familiar with RecordIt, but that appears to be a nothing more than a password which was generated by 1Password for Mac, but instead of being used in a browser's login was instead copy/pasted directly into the RecordIt app. When you do that, 1Password will prepend app:// instead of https:// because there's no hypertext URL value. So you should probably tell RecordIt support "never mind," and put your mind at ease. :) Let us know if you have any questions.

• kokarn
    kokarn
    Community Member
    Options

I did some more research and does indeed seem like that's the thing that happened.

I do however have a record with both the site url and the app url.
    Guess it's just 1password bugging out there as well.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Well, while I wish that 1Password could actually fill login credentials into apps, it isn't a bug at all. Any time you use a password generated by 1Password it will save a Password item as a safety net in case you use it and forget to save it yourself. That way you're not locked out of some account. And, as Lars mentioned, 1Password will use the current URLfor what's in the foreground at that time...so it sounds like you use RecordIt as much (or perhaps more than) I use Slack. I've got a few like this myself from generating passwords while using that: app://com.tinyspeck.slackmacgap Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.