1Password icon greyed out in Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit)

Cannot make 1password work with Firefox 57. If I click on the greyed-out icon, nothing happens

As I cannot start 1password in Firefox I am unable to fill in the additional information below

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChapmanRS: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It sounds like you may need to install the 1Password app on your PC, as the extension will need to communicate with that in Firefox. Do you have a license or a 1Password.com membership? Also, can you tell me which version of the 1Password extension you have installed in Firefox? Thanks in advance!

• ChapmanRS
    ChapmanRS
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

I have a full license. 1Password is working fine in Opera and Chrome, but I wanted to take advantage of improved security in Firefox 57. License details below.

[removed by AgileBits staff -- this is a public forum!]

The 1password extension version is 4.6.12.90

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChapmanRS: It sounds like you need to install the 1Password app then. I've resent your license information via email. Please follow the instructions there to install and resigner the app, and let me know if there's anything else I can help with! :)

• ChapmanRS
    ChapmanRS
    Community Member

Hi, I am confused by your comments. I have the same version of 1password as in your download version already installed in Windows 8.1. Everything works fine when using Chrome or Opera, it just won't work with Firefox 57.

Please advise...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChapmanRS: Ah, thanks for letting me know. You didn't include any information about the 1Password version you were using in your original post, and when I mentioned installing it earlier you didn't indicate that you had. Can you tell me which version of 1Password you're using?

• ChapmanRS
    ChapmanRS
    Community Member

HI Brenty

The 1password version is 4.6.2.626

The 1password extension version is 4.6.12.90

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ChapmanRS: Awesome! It sounds like you may just need to enable Native Messaging in 1Password under Help > Advanced. Restart Windows afterward and let me know if that does the trick for you! :)

• ChapmanRS
    ChapmanRS
    Community Member

Hi Brenty, Native messaging was already enabled so I disabled it and restarted the PC. After confirming that 1password still did not work with Firefox 57, I re-enable Native Messaging and restarted the PC again. I then retested 1Password and it is still not working.

Any ideas?

• Hi @ChapmanRS,

Please use this guide to generate the 1Password diagnostic report and email it to us at support+windows@agilebits.com. Also, in the email, include the link to this thread along with your forum username, so that we can connect the email to this thread.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can confirm we got the email.

Thanks!

• ChapmanRS
    ChapmanRS
    Community Member

Hi MikeT

I have now sent the diagnostic file you requested in the above thread, to you via email.

Fingers crossed you will be able to help

• Hi @ChapmanRS,

Thanks, we got the email and will reply to it as soon as possible. At the first glance, everything did look normal but clearly, there are no attempts to connect from 1Password extension to the main 1Password process, that's a bit weird and usually an interference, we just need to find it.

ref: OPW6-TXA-21385-721

• loanmaker
    loanmaker
    Community Member

I have the same problem it is now 2/2 did you get an update Chapman RS

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @loanmaker,

Could you please also share a diagnostics report from your computer, as Mike advised here? Let us know when you've sent it, so we could find it on our side. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• TubularCuriosity
    TubularCuriosity
    Community Member

Hi @Greg, @MikeT and @ChapmanRS. I hope this thread isn't too old to piggy-back off, if so, I can certainly start a new one. TL;DR, running 7.1.567 of 1Password Windows app and Firefox add-on 4.7.2.90 and experiencing the same issue originally mentioned. Please let me know if you'd also like me to send a diagnostics report.

Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @TubularCuriosity,

This thread and topic is about 1Password 4 for Windows, not 1Password 7. If you have 1Password 7, your issue is different. Please send a Diagnostics Report from your computer and we will get back to you. Thanks! :chuffed: :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• JCS2018
    JCS2018
    Community Member

I am having the same issue. I have stand alone version 4.6.2.626 and the extension says it requires version 4.7.2.90. How do I upgrade to the 4.7 version if the link on the 1password page only allows for 4.6.2.626?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@JCS2018: It doesn't say that: 4.7.2.90 is the version number of the 1Password extension. This is separate from the app, and will work with 1Password 4 or 1Password 7. Can you tell me specifically what you're having trouble with?

• JCS2018
    JCS2018
    Community Member

It seems to have corrected itself. Thanks for getting back with me. The icon was grayed out and would not let me click on it. It is now working as it should.

Thanks again

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that all is well. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.