Feature Request: Alphabetize "Categories" list in sidebar

toddnach
toddnach
Community Member

Hi great people at 1Password! I seem to have lost the ability to alphabetize my "Categories" list in the sidebar on 1Password for Mac 6 (I currently have 1Password v6.8.5 and have been a customer since Version 3). Any chance you can add this back in a future version? The items in the list appear in an arbitrary order and I'd prefer the ability to move them about either alphabetically or the option of putting the ones I use the most at the top of the list, rather than you determining the order in which they appear for all users. I was able to do this before but can't seem to do it again now, nor can I find any information on how I had reordered the items in the past. Hmmm...

many thanks,

todd

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OSX 10.13.2
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@toddnach: Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry for the confusion there. Indeed, with the proliferation of vaults, especially with 1Password.com accounts, it's a bit difficult currently. You may be able to manually organize categories within a particular vault, but in All Vaults they're all going to conflict with each other, which can have unpredictable results. It's something we'll be revamping in a future version. Thanks for your feedback on this!

• toddnach
    toddnach
    Community Member

Thanks for the very quick reply. Yes, we had upgraded to the 1Password.com Family account recently, so that would explain why I once used to be able to reorder my Categories which I can no longer do. I'll be looking forward to having this feature again sometime in the future. Hope it isn't too hard to implement! Keep up the great work!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@toddnach Thanks for the kind words, and for your patience. We don't like it when circumstances force us to modify a feature that users were enjoying. Sometimes, it's unavoidable, though, so we appreciate your understanding. :)

This discussion has been closed.