multiple master passwords

landcruisers
landcruisers
Community Member

Hello, when I transitioned to Teams/Families, I ended up having multiple master passwords. One device uses one password and another device uses a different one. They are both valid "versions" of passwords. They seem to be syncing to the same account because my changes do appear across all platforms but how can I make my master passwords homogenous across all devices. I have multiple iOS and desktop devices. For instance on my iMac, I have one version of master password but on my MacBook Pro it is different.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:multiple master passwords

Comments

• Hi @landcruisers,

That's a bit odd. :) I'd be happy to take a look. To get a better idea of what is happening here I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/85297/
    • Your forum username: landcruisers

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• landcruisers
    landcruisers
    Community Member

Thanks Ben, since I sent reports from 4 devices, there are four Support ID's to review:

[#RKN-42596-261]
    [#UYQ-98857-194]
    [#WSE-64731-676]
    [#DTG-22192-316]

• Thanks @landcruisers. I’ve reviewed your reports and replied via email. Let’s continue the conversation there. Thanks!

Ben

ref: RKN-42596-261

• osprey76
    osprey76
    Community Member

Was a conclusion found?

I have a similar situation. All Macs and iOS devices are using the correct 1Password family password. On my PC, the password required is the old password used before the migration to 1Password families and the new one is rejected. However, the link appears to be live with updates, etc., passing both ways on the PC.

• The difficulty in the other case was that a Primary vault still existed on some devices and needed to be removed. When you say ‘PC’ are you using a Windows PC at all, or are all of these devices Macs or iOS devices?

Ben

This discussion has been closed.