Making a Smart Folder with One-Time Password items

Options
noahm
noahm
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Mac

Edit: This was meant to be in the macOS section. My apologies.

Hi!

I have tried to look for this everywhere in the app, as well as the web. I don’t think this feature currently exists, therefore, this post is more of a Request.

I’m wanting to make a Smart Folder with the targeted argument One-Time Passwords. I would like to see all of my One-Time Password items.

I could of course make a Smart Folder consisting of Any Field Name beginning with One-Time Password, but that would require me to input One-Time Password next to, or anywhere within the item. I think it would be more efficient to allow the searching of One-Time Password’s within an item.

Thanks!
Noah

1Password Version: 1Password 6 Version 6.8.5 (685004) AgileBits Store
Extension Version: 1Password 4.6.12
OS Version: macOS High Sierra 10.13.2 (17C88)
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @noahm - thanks for the suggestion! We're currently reviewing how we can implement Smart Folders (saved searches) in a way that works reliably cross-platform, because a lot of the magic of Smart Folders in 1Password for Mac is - surprise - dependent upon code that's intrinsic to macOS/OS X, and not available or not in the same way on other platforms.

In the meantime, I'd suggest instead that you go through your logins and tag each Login item that has a TOTP code with a special tag (perhaps "TOTP," that would seem like the easy choice). From there, it will be easy to include any items you wish in a Smart Folder dedicated to TOTP. Hope that helps!

This discussion has been closed.