Unable to sync Family account vaults to 1 password on our iPhones

Options
leppard_hunt
leppard_hunt
Community Member

Hi Team, I recently finished a 1Password family trial and have now subscribed to 1Password family. I have been using it with no major issue on my MacBook Pro running high sierra and using both safari and firefox (Don't know if its relevant but I have bitdefender antivirus and nord vpn running on this machine). But, my vaults do not automatically sync to both our iPhones. As far as I understand this should happen automatically via your server. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Tim.

1Password Version: 6.8.1
Extension Version: safari 4.6.12 firefox 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OSX 10.13.1
Sync Type: 1 password subscription
Referrer: forum-search:Hi Team, I recently subscribed to 1Password family. I have been using it with novmajor issue on my MacBook Pro running high sierra (I have bitdefender antivirus and nord vpn running on this machine). But my vaults have not automatically synced to both my and my partners iPhones. As far as I understand this should happen automatically via your server. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Tim.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@leppard_hunt: Yep! But you'll need to setup the app with your 1Password.com account for it to access your data there, the same on each of your devices. You seem to be running an old version of 1Password on that Mac at least, so be sure to install the current version:

https://1password.com/downloads/

And make sure you're up to date on the others as well. And keep in mind that local vaults (for example, Primary) are not part of a 1Password.com account and won't sync that way, so if you have an older setup like that on some devices let me know the specifics so I can help. :)

• leppard_hunt
    leppard_hunt
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty. We have successfully set up all of our accounts on all devices/apps.

The next thing we would appreciate some help with is how my partner can auto save her logins:
    1. using our shared MacBook, when she attempts to auto save logins using safari or firefox the prompt box only shows my personal vault or the shared vault as possible storage locations versus her private vault.
    2. using the iOS app, she set up the safari extension and hit the create new login tab to apparently save the login. But, this and a number of other logins/sites did not appear to be saved to her private vault.

Thanks again for your help, Tim.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks Brenty. We have successfully set up all of our accounts on all devices/apps.

@leppard_hunt: Glad to hear it! :)

The next thing we would appreciate some help with is how my partner can auto save her logins:

Sure thing! :)

1. using our shared MacBook, when she attempts to auto save logins using safari or firefox the prompt box only shows my personal vault or the shared vault as possible storage locations versus her private vault.

Ah, it sounds like you've setup 1Password there with your account then. 1Password, like most apps, is single user. But macOS (and Windows) supports separate user accounts, so you can set her up with one so she can have her own 1Password and browser setup there:

How to create a new user account on your Mac (iMore)

1. using the iOS app, she set up the safari extension and hit the create new login tab to apparently save the login. But, this and a number of other logins/sites did not appear to be saved to her private vault.

Has she setup 1Password for iOS? If so, it may be that she's just not opening it. The extension can't sync data itself, so the data cannot go it to the server (and, therefore, other devices) until 1Password itself is opened. Does that help?

Thanks again for your help, Tim.

Any time! Here if you have any other questions. :)

• leppard_hunt
    leppard_hunt
    Community Member
    Options

Once again you've outdone yourself Brenty. All our current issues are resolved.
    Cheers, Tim.

• Ben
    Options

On behalf of Brenty you are most welcome. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.