Feature request: SIM card category

ottovdv
ottovdv
Community Member

I've been using 1Password for a couple of years now, on my mac and on my iphones, and even on my windows computer (though sybchronizing as an issue there) and I'm very happy with it.

In the past this same feature request has been made: Please add a category for SIM cards, with the next categories: Telephone number, SIMcard type, SIMcard number, SIMcard provider, PINcode (hidden), PUKcode (hidden).
I've put them in the passport category, but I need some 'hidden' fields.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I've been using 1Password for a couple of years now, on my mac and on my iphones, and even on my windows computer (though sybchronizing as an issue there) and I'm very happy with it.

@ottovdv: Thanks for reaching out, and for the kind words! Glad to hear you're enjoying 1Password! :chuffed:

In the past this same feature request has been made: Please add a category for SIM cards, with the next categories: Telephone number, SIMcard type, SIMcard number, SIMcard provider, PINcode (hidden), PUKcode (hidden).

Unfortunately we're almost certainly not going to add a new category just for SIM cards. We get a LOT of requests for many different new categories, and if add all of them 1Password will be a mess; similarly, if we only add the one you ask for (or you, or you), a lot of other people will feel left out. So what we're much more likely to do is make a way for people to create their own custom categories. It's something we'd very much like ourselves.

I've put them in the passport category, but I need some 'hidden' fields.

Ah, interesting! I'm really curious why you chose the Password category. There's nothing wrong with that, as it's a matter of personal preference, but often Secure Notes are good for many purposes:

Secure all the things in Secure Notes

But again, it's up to you. I'm not sure I follow your comment about "'hidden' fields" though. Can you elaborate? You can add many types of custom fields to any 1Password item:

How to customize your 1Password items

So that may help as well. Please let me know! :)

• andresc
    andresc
    Community Member
    edited December 2018

You have redone your blog and the post Secure all the things in Secure Notes from November 20, 2015 is not available. I have checked after going through all the paginated posts. Care to share where it is hosted now?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Indeed. This discussion is almost a year old, and a lot has changed since then. We'll see if we can resurrect it. Thanks for bringing it up! :)

This discussion has been closed.