Bought the app on an iphone and switched to pixel 2. I was using the fingerprint access.

justin_jones
justin_jones
Community Member

I believe I just purchased this app for the one time fee and I was using the fingerprint reading option for access on an iphone. I switched up to a google pixel 2 and I do not recall the password. Additionally, the only "forgot your password" options seem to be for full up instances. Please advise as to how I can get access back to the app version, without paying again, and have the ability to retrieve all of my saved information.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:cannont access my app through new phone, went from iphone to pixel 2

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@justin_jones: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! There is no "forgot my password" option for any version of 1Password; only you ever know your Master Password, so it cannot be sent to you. Your Master Password is used to encrypt the data, so it is needed to decrypt it. There's no way around that. However, please try the tips in this guide as they may help you gain access again:

https://support.1password.com/forgot-master-password/

Alternatively, if you're part of a 1Password Family or Team, another Owner, Organizer, or Admin can help you recover your account, so you can create a new Secret Key and Master Password:

https://support.1password.com/recovery/#begin-recovery

If that doesn't help though, you will need to either restore from a backup, sync from another device, or simply start over. You can try as many times as you want. You won’t be “locked out”, but you will not be able to access your data unless you can enter the required Master Password correctly.

Regarding the app itself, the Pro Features purchase would be connected to the Google Account you used to buy it, so you just need to install the app using the correct account to restore that.

Please let me know how it turns out. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• justin_jones
    justin_jones
    Community Member

so I remember the master password associated with the 1password, but not the other two items that it's asking me for (sign in address and Secret Key). Is there any way to obtain this information? Is there a way to call someone about this?

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member

Hi @justin_jones

You need four things to login to a 1Password account:

1. Email Address
    2. Login Address [https://my.1password.com]
    3. Secret Key
    4. Master Password

Your email address and login address aren't a secret.

Your secret key and master password are a secret because they're used to encrypt your data so that nobody else can gain access to your passwords. If you've forgotten either your data is irrecoverably lost. :(

brenty has provided you with a link for some suggestions if you've forgotten your password. If you need help finding your secret key, here's another link. The secret key normally starts with A3 and you'd have been prompted to print or write down your secret key when creating your account.

Ultimately, to maintain the integrity of 1Password if you've forgotten either your secret key or master password there's nothing that can be done apart from deleting or your data and starting afresh. To do this you'll need to email support.

There's no telephone number for AgileBits - support is through email or via this web forum.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@justin_jones: We don't have a call center, and, as I mentioned above, we can't give you that information because we never have it; only you ever did.

It sounds like you may be trying to login with a 1Password Account, but you will only have one if you've signed up for a 1Password.com membership. That’s the only way you’ll have a Secret Key or Sign In URL, or be able to access your data through 1Password.com. Instead, you can use 1Password without an account you can sync your data from another device. Where do you have your 1Password data currently?

• justin_jones
    justin_jones
    Community Member

Thanks for the follow up. I believe I did go on to 1Password at some point in time and get that secret Key. However. it's been so long and I was used to using that fingerprint that I honestly don't remember either way. And I believe all my information transferred over to my new phone, the google Pixel 2. If not, then I'll have to go and add this app to my wife's iphone (I have a back up) in order to grab all this data. Please respond and let me know if I'm looking at this correctly.

V/r

Justin Jones

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@justin_jones: If you have your data on another device, that's great! Let me know which OS and 1Password version you're using there, the format, and any backups you have. However, no matter what, you will still need the correct Master Password to access it. If your wife has the data and can access it with hers though, that will be the way to go.

This discussion has been closed.