I am getting an error message in Firefox that it cannot download the browser extension corrupt file

Options
Tmose
Tmose
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Mac

When I try to download Firefox browser extension I receive an error message that the download cannot be completed the file appears to be corrupt. "The add-on downloaded from agilebits.com could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt"

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: current
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:I am getting an error message in Frefox that it cannot download the browser extension corrupt file

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tmose: Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear that. The problem is that something is interfering with you downloading and install it — perhaps some overzealous "security" software or other settings? The most common cause is an inability for the browser to establish a secure end-to-end connection to our server, and it sounds like it's being reset mid-download in your case.

So while I'd definitely recommend looking into what's causing this on your system, you should be able to download the Firefox extension using another browser, and then drag the file to Firefox to install it. Let me know what you find!

• Tmose
    Tmose
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the reply. My Firefox is a fresh install. I do not use any third party security software at this time. I just downloaded the plug-in with Chrome and also with Safari and tried to install. Each time I got the same corruption error message. I turned off security features in Firefox prior to attempting install. What should I try now?

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tmose at this point, I'd suggest we get a better look at what's going on under the hood in your specific setup. To do that, I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/85783/i-am-getting-an-error-message-in-frefox-that-it-cannot-download-the-browser-extension-corrupt-file#latest
    • Your forum username: @Tmose

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the title/subject.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Tmose: To be clear, it probably won't be something in Firefox itself, though if the app is damaged reinstalling it may help. It will be something preventing a secure connection from being made -- possibly something as silly as the date/time/zone on your device being incorrect, which will break TLS/SSL/HTTPS.

This discussion has been closed.