1password data file stored on iCloud ???

amitabhbaishya
amitabhbaishya
Community Member

Before, I used to sync my 1password using Dropbox. In my Dropbox there is a 1password data file called "1Password.agilekeychain". Now, I am syncing my 1password using icloud. How can I find the 1password data file that is stored on icloud?

Additionally, I would like to move syncing from iCloud to Dropbox? what is the easiest way to do that?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: macOS High Sierra
Sync Type: icloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Before, I used to sync my 1password using Dropbox. In my Dropbox there is a 1password data file called "1Password.agilekeychain". Now, I am syncing my 1password using icloud. How can I find the 1password data file that is stored on icloud?

@amitabhbaishya: You can't. CloudKit is not exposed in the filesystem. It's part of Apple's frameworks and server setup.

Additionally, I would like to move syncing from iCloud to Dropbox? what is the easiest way to do that?

Disable iCloud sync on each device, and then setup Dropbox sync:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• amitabhbaishya
    amitabhbaishya
    Community Member

If I disable icloud sync and set it up dropbox will it still maintain the data that is currently saved?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@amitabhbaishya: Yep! 1Password for Mac keeps everything in an internal database, so switching will only stop syncing with iCloud and start syncing with an external vault in your Dropbox folder instead. Cheers! :)

• Flamingo
    Flamingo
    Community Member

I would like to confirm that the 1Password vault that resides in ICloud is hidden from view even if you go looking for it in the ICloud Drive.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Flamingo! Confirmed, as Brenty explained above :)

This discussion has been closed.