1Password asks me to sign-in to resume iCloud syncing every time I restart or reopen.

Options
doubleodd
doubleodd
Community Member
edited December 2017 in Mac

After I upgraded my MacBook Pro to OSX High Sierra, every time I click on the 1Password icon in Safari to open the 1Password dialogue box, I get a message in a new Safari window saying that I need to sign-in to iCloud to ensure password syncing. This happens EVERY time I restart or simply reopen my laptop. This NEVER happened before I upgrade to High Sierra. Maybe it has something to do with a 1Password upgrade, but I can't find a preference for staying logged into iCloud. There is a check box when I enter my Mac ID and Password to resume 1Password syncing with iCloud and keep syncing open, and of course I check it. But I have to do this every time I restart or reopen the laptop. But whats also weird is that a spinning line (not wheel of death) in the browser page where 1Password is supposedly syncing seems to never end. I just eventually close that window. Can anyone tell me what is going on and how to fix this annoying new problem? Thanks!

1Password Version: 6.0.2
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS X 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• @doubleodd,

Are you really running 6.0.2 as your post reports? That's quite old at this point, from February 2016 in fact. You're absolutely going to want to download the latest version from https://1password.com/downloads

As for the iCloud web page behavior:

• the spinning circle is Apple's and its meant to spin forever
    • you're meant to manually close that window
    • if you're really running 6.0.2 you're definitely not getting the dialog that a newer version of 1Password displays when it receives the callback from the spinning circle page to tell us that its done.

Rudy

• doubleodd
    doubleodd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Rudy. Will update 1Password and also will accept that the endless spinning circle is a feature not a bug;) I'm surprised there is not an auto-prompt to update software from 1Password!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@doubleodd -- there is in fact a prompt from within 1Password to check for/update to new versions. It's enabled by default; perhaps you or someone else with access to your Mac accidentally turned it off?

You're of course not required to turn on the beta builds option unless you like living on the bleeding edge (that's my own install; using betas is part of my job), but keeping the top box checked is recommended. :)

• redtara
    redtara
    Community Member
    Options

I have the exact same issue. I have not upgraded my Mac OS (10.11.6) just 1password (6.8.5). It's very annoying.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@redtara - Please see the main thread for this iCloud authentication issue for more information.

This discussion has been closed.