Folders?

BasilFawlty
BasilFawlty
Community Member

I could have sworn I made "folders" in 1Pass and put certain login item in certain folder, but for the life of me I can't find the folders now? I'm not talking about tags. I mean folders. Not showing up in the left side.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @BasilFawlty,

Depending on which vault you're looking at you might not see Folders. If you have multiple vaults you may be looking at a vault picker int he top left corner of the window that says all vaults. Try switching that to Primary or one of the other vaults you have configured to see if a Folders header shows up in the sidebar on the left of the window.

Rudy

• BasilFawlty
    BasilFawlty
    Community Member

Depending on which vault you're looking at you might not see Folders. If you have multiple vaults you may be looking at a vault picker int he top left corner of the window that says all vaults. Try switching that to Primary or one of the other vaults you have configured to see if a Folders header shows up in the sidebar on the left of the window.

Rudy

Ok, that was it. I was looking at "All Vaults". I have three separate vaults but only have folders defined in one of them. When I look only at that one vault then I see the folders. Ok, so why, if I'm looking a ALL the vaults, and that vault is included in "All Vaults" in Preferences, do I not see the folders? That's kinda confusing.

• @BasilFawlty,

Folders aren't displayed in this context because they're tied to a specific vault and not a construct that can span vaults. It would be additionally confusing if we showed them and you tried to drag an item into the Folder from a different vault and it did nothing, or worse, moved that item to the vault that the folder was in.

Tags are meant as a replacement for folders and they can span vaults, since they are based on item metadata and not some external organizing principle.

Rudy

• BasilFawlty
    BasilFawlty
    Community Member

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. At first, when I wasn't seeing them, but knew I had made them, I thought I was losing my mind!

• @BasilFawlty,

:) :+1:

Rudy

This discussion has been closed.