Finding Secret Key

DTLA1213
DTLA1213
Community Member

Been using 1password for years. Installed on two Macs and an iPhone. Something happened to the iPhone settings and although I can signin the account is not there. So tried to link to an existing account but it requires my secret key. Your instructions to find it don't work. I can't find it from my IOS device without it, I can't login to 1password.com without it and I can't find it on my Mac installed program. Help!

1Password Version: 3.8.21
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @DTLA1213,

The secret key is something new that comes along with 1Password.com memberships. If you've been using 1Password for years then its fairly likely that you do not in fact have a secret key or a 1Password.com membership.

It also seems that you're using 1Password 3 on your Mac, which doesn't support 1Password.com memberships or secret keys.

Do you still have your data on your macs at this point?

Are you interested in upgrading to 1Password 6 on your Macs and/or getting a 1Password.com subscription?

Rudy

• DTLA1213
    DTLA1213
    Community Member

Yes I have data on my mac via Dropbox. Several hundred logins. So very critical that I don't lose it. Not sure what version 6 does but usually happy to upgrade.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DTLA1213 - OK, thanks. We've actually got a great, step-by-step guide for upgrading from 1Password 3 to 1Password 6 on your Mac. You'll need to be using a relatively recent version of OS X or macOS (basically, OS X 10.10 ("Yosemite") or newer). If you're still rocking something older than that, let us know.

• DTLA1213
    DTLA1213
    Community Member

So can you please tell me how to link from my iPhone to my existing dropbox file

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@DTLA1213 -- if you're starting with a completely new installation of 1Password for iOS on your iPhone, you should see the option to sync with Dropbox right from the Welcome (new user) screen, if you're using 1Password 6 for iOS or 1Password 7 for iOS. Just make sure you sync with the existing keychain instead of creating a new one. Here's a more in-depth guide.

If you've got data in 1Password on your iPhone that's NOT included in the 1Password data on your Mac, then you'll probably want to set up two separate vaults and merge/edit the info down into a single vault. Let me know if that's the case.

This discussion has been closed.