I sync 1PW using Dropbox on my IOS devices and Windows PC - the PC is no longer syncing

Options

I set up syncing using Dropbox for my iPhone, iPad and Windows PC. No problem initially (i.e. for years), but now the PC is no longer syncing. Changes made on the PC don't get to the IOS devices and vice versa. I see that there is a WLAN sync feature in the Windows version, but I've never used it and because the Windows and IOS devices are now out of sync I'm a bit scared to use this feature to get them all back into sync. I can't find a command in the Windows version to force a 'sync' thru Dropbox. Thanks for your help. I'm a big proponent of 1PW, been using it for years.

1Password Version: Up to date on IOS and Windows
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Latest Windows and IOS
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:syncing with IOS devices

Comments

• doctorkazefa
    doctorkazefa
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same issue, updated to version 6.8.492 without success and can't find a way to manually sync with my Samsung. Never had any issue before. Thanks for your help guys!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @llissner,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for the troubles.

Using a standalone license with a local vault and third-party sync requires some advanced technical skills to set up and maintain and there is a lot of things (network settings, OS updates, etc) that could break this synchronisation without you noticing. It is very hard and time consuming to troubleshoot such issues remotely.

If you are using 1Password 4 for Windows and syncing your data via Dropbox, please make sure to check every step in this troubleshooting guide on our website:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

We tried to cover everything there, but please let us know how it goes. Hopefully, you will be able to locate and fix the issue. Thanks!

@doctorkazefa: Since you are using a 1Password.com account and 1Password 6 for Windows, your issue is different. I have found an email from you on our side and will get back to you via email as soon as possible. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• llissner
    llissner
    Community Member
    Options

Greg,
    Simply by opening up the Dropbox app appears to have forced a sync with Dropbox and everything appears to be working properly. My guess would be that when I power up the PC the Dropbox app does not automatically run and begin the sync process. This is a bit of an inconvenience, but one that I can live with as I most frequently us 1PW on my IOS devices and starting Dropbox on the PC seems to get everything properly in sync.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @llissner,

Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear that sync started working for you. As for Dropbox, please check Dropbox app settings and see if you enabled Dropbox to start on system startup. I hope it helps.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.