Reloading and Using my Lic from 2015

Options
thinkjesus
thinkjesus
Community Member

I bought a lic for Password in 2015 for my Mac Pro, used and it updated to 1Password6. After reformatting my hard drive and the "membership" thing they have going now I can't get it to work anymore. I can sign in but it is read only. Is there anyway I can get it back.

I never could get it to sync with my iPhone. I think I bought the mini and the regular one.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@thinkjesus: If you're seeing "read only", you've installed 1Password from the Mac App Store. And if you didn't purchase 1Password from the Mac App Store, you won't be able to unlock its features there. Please drag the app to the Trash (DO NOT use a "cleaner" app), restart your Mac, and follow the instructions in your license email to install and register the version you paid for. Then you can follow the instructions here to sync your data:

https://support.1password.com/sync-options/

And let me know if you have any questions. :)

• thinkjesus
    thinkjesus
    Community Member
    Options

I will try that, but I don't believe I loaded it from Apple. But "Yes" that "read only" is what I'm seeing.

• thinkjesus
    thinkjesus
    Community Member
    Options

I am not sure what you mean by, "dragging the app to the trash"?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am not sure what you mean by, "dragging the app to the trash"?

@thinkjesus: It's one of a few methods of removing a Mac app: literally clicking the icon in the Applications folder and dragging it to the Trash icon in the Dock:

Uninstall Mac Applications (OSXDaily)

I will try that, but I don't believe I loaded it from Apple. But "Yes" that "read only" is what I'm seeing.

Indeed, the AgileBits Store version does not have a "read only" mode, only a "trial mode". Let me know how it turns out!

This discussion has been closed.