Autofilling doesn't work on Poloniex.com

https://poloniex.com/login - from time to time requests to enter reCaptcha checkbox before it shows login form and then my autofilling fails, i have to manually press CMD + \ in order to fill login name and password.

Is that normal behavior?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heihachi88: Indeed, if there is no login form when the page loads, 1Password will not fill. When I went there, it loaded one page, and then after 5 seconds loaded another. This is essentially a redirect, and we don't want 1Password filling at one page when you actually told it to fill at a another — the first page is not one that either you or I requested. So this is expected. And indeed, once there is a login form to fill, ⌘ \ makes it easy to do so. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• heihachi88
    heihachi88
    Community Member

@brenty so you won't fix that? I have to do that manually, right?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@heihachi88: I'm not sure I understand. It isn't our website, so it won't be possible for us to make it take you to the login page, and having 1Password fill 5-10 seconds after you tell it to would be pretty awful in every other case. No need to fill manually though; ⌘ \ (or Ctrl \ on Windows) makes it easy. Cheers! :)

• heihachi88
    heihachi88
    Community Member

Well, thank you.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @heihachi88,

If a situation arises where it's security versus functionality we will side with security. We do want 1Password to be as useful as possible but first it has to be safe. We all trust far too much for it to be anything else. It's for this reason we don't have autofill. Certain browsers will automatically fill a form without any user intervention and this is what is called autofill. 1Password on the other hand will never fill a page unless you instruct it to do so. We have an open and fill feature but this is a controlled sequence where 1Password will only fill the page loaded by that URL. It may appear to automatically fill but the difference is if you manually visited the page 1Password would sit there and do nothing. As Brenty mentioned, if 1Password was relaxed enough to fill a second loaded page a large amount of control would be lost and you could never be sure where 1Password might fill. I much prefer how 1Password works at the moment. I hope you understand.

This discussion has been closed.