Product Feedback - Update login with email after filling in

wheelieking
wheelieking
Community Member

I love when 1password recognizes that I've typed in a new password and it asks if I want to update the login that it had previously saved. There are times when saving a login, 1password doesn't capture the username or email, but it does have the password. I would love it if the next time I logged into a site using the chrome extension it would recognize that I manually typed in a username or email after it autofills the password, and ask to update the login for that site.

As it stands, when I try to use autofill only the password is filled in and the site gives me an error. I then launch 1password to copy/paste the password, type in the username manually, paste the password, and then log in. That is where I wish the autofill would recognize that it could add the username to the saved login.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: 1password account

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@wheelieking - There are some sites 1Password may have trouble capturing data from -- and those should be reported to us, when you find them. Or rather, we'd appreciate if you mention them to us, so we can try to adjust our "recipe" for the site. However, most of the time, if you enter data, 1Password should address it by offering to save either as new or by updating an existing item.

However, even if login capture fails, 1Password will always save a copy of any password it's generated, in the Passwords category. If you wish, you can click "Convert to Login" on any Password item and 1Password will convert the saved URL and password into a login item. You may have to adjust the URL (because what was captured may have been the Register/New Account page instead of the Login page), and you'll have to manually add your username, but that's a good way to make Login items out of saved Password items.

• sjk
    sjk
    1Password Alumni

Hello @wheelieking,

… type in the username manually …

You might be able to use the text replacement feature in macOS to help you with that:

macOS Sierra: Replace text and punctuation in documents

Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.