Saving the login on the Bank (ABN-AMRO) website

ottoruys
ottoruys
Community Member
edited January 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi

I have problems saving my login details on the following website:
https://www.abnamro.nl/portalserver/my-abnamro/accounts/overview/index.html

the are three choices to login. I need the 3rd option (icon shows: five digit code with a lock in front). select that one.

then it lets me fill in:
1. my bank account.
2. my card number
3. my code.

1Password just remembers the card number and code but not the bank account.

please help.

Otto

1Password Version: 6.8.5 (685004)
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS X 10.13.1
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ottoruys,

If you have saved a Login item from inside your browser then I believe 1Password has stored everything it needs to fill the page. The way that the Login item is designed it attempts to determine which field best represents the username and which field represents the password. It does store more than this though, it just doesn't make it readily visible. I believe you will find the third field in the web form details section and that if you try to fill the page it fills all three fields. The reason 1Password picked the card number for your username is it's a visible text field that appeared prior to the password field. In the vast majority of cases this will represent your username so is a good way of selecting which field to label as the username.

If you don't find this is the case and it doesn't fill all three fields please let us know.

• ottoruys
    ottoruys
    Community Member

HI,
    thank you for your answer.
    I tried that but the fist field was not recognised. so that is why I posted this.
    I am happy to do another try but should I first remove the whole entry so that 1password will promt me again to save the credentials?
    Otto

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @ottoruys,

The easiest way to test with a new Login item is if you use the steps outlined on our page How to save a Login manually in your browser. This will let you save an entirely new item from inside the browser without first throwing away the old one. If the new one works better then you can safely delete the first one in the knowledge that 1Password has everything saved properly :smile: If you're still having trouble please do let us know.

This discussion has been closed.