To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I used 1Password via the family account of a friend and his membership expired.

Options
tank_123
tank_123
Community Member

...is there any chance for me to get my data back? Like extending the membership? Are my data finally deleted or just freezed? If I try to log on it just says that the account is deleted...

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:membership expired

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @tank_123! I'm sorry your first visit here is one of this nature, because I have some bad news for you: if you did not export your data to a different account or to a local 1Password vault before the Family Organizer of the 1Password Families account to which you belonged canceled his account, there is no way to retrieve your data.

When a membership "expires" (i.e. - when we're unable to bill for the next cycle, whether that's monthly or annually), the account will enter Frozen status. In this state, data will remain accessible (for everyone on the account), but no members will be able to add, change or delete any data. If this is the case, you should still be able to sign in with your existing credentials and migrate your data into an Individual 1Password account you set up on your own.

But there's a big difference between an account entering Frozen status and the account being deleted, which is the error message you said you're getting. If the owner of the account actually deleted it or switched to either an individual account or a 1Password Teams account, and that person did not give you a chance to export or migrate your data prior to taking such action, then your data are not recoverable, unfortunately.

This discussion has been closed.