https://www.chase.com won't fill login info on mobile 1Password

MrC
MrC
Volunteer Moderator

Login information won't fill for either the internal browser or share to Safari on iOS.

A neighbor friend reported this wrt his Andriod 1Password, and I seem to have the same trouble on iOS.

I'm using version 7.0.4 - don't know his version.

1Password Version: 7.0.4 (iOS)
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.2.2
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• jxpx777
    jxpx777
    1Password Alumni

IIRC, Chase uses an iframe, which we are not able to handle right now on iOS. (Brenty covered this a couple months ago as well.) Sorry for the trouble there. I'm not sure about how this works on Android, so I'll ask someone with more Android experience to take a look for me.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

I just tested logging into Chase on my Pixel (Android phone), and using the Accessibility filling feature, was able to autofill no problem into both the app and website (in Chrome).

The exact login page I used for Chase on the web was https://secure05c.chase.com/web/auth/dashboard#/dashboard/index/index, the exact same as Brenty mentioned in the discussion linked to by @jxpx777, and autofill consistently worked perfectly fine!

If your neighbor friend is in need of some help getting that working, I'm right here for them and ready to help anytime ;)!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Thanks guys. I've been following-up with him, and found the same URL allows open and fill on macOS (whereas chase.com does not autofill). I'd already sent him the URL.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@MrC: If you'll give me more details I'll be happy to see what I can do to help. I've found this login URL to work best:

https://chaseonline.chase.com

Mobile is tough though, as they're using a redirect to send you to the same awful iframe login form no matter what URL you use, and on iOS these cannot be interested with by extensions.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@brenty ,

It's all fine on the Desktop, but as has been covered here, its the iframe issue that thwarts iOS. That's fine, not that big a deal.

The URL you post just redirects anyway to the one HenryCS posted. I'll use yours since so the web server handles its redirection for me. Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@MrC: Sure thing! Yeah, on mobile that URL is not so useful, but as Chase has changed their website the past year or so I've found that one helpfully stagnant, avoiding dealing with the silly popup login forms as such, at least on the desktop.

Personally, on mobile, I just use their app at this point. The website has become more and more of a hassle over time, and that way I can at least use fingerprint unlock. Frankly, I think they want us to use the app, or else why would they be making the mandatory mobile site so awful... :tongue:

This discussion has been closed.