Click on 1password icon in edge nothing happens

Options

Hi,
I've noticed recently that 1password is not working as it should in my edge browser and if I left click on the 1password icon in edge nothing happens. If I right click I can go to manage but if I select 1password again nothing happens.
I have uninstalled the 1password edge and re installed it but no difference.
Any ideas?

1Password Version: 4.6.12.90
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: win 10 version 1703 os 15063.850
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mccltd: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! You seem to have listed the Chrome 1Password extension version where the version of the 1Password app was requested, so I wonder if you haven't yet installed that. Are you using a 1Password.com membership? If so, you can get it from the Get the Apps page in your account:

https://start.1password.com/apps

This only works with that, since it requires 1Password 6 or higher. You'll also need to install the Edge extension from the Windows Store:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/1password/9wzdncrdr64j

However, we have had some reports that this doesn't work on the out of date Windows 10 build 1703 from last summer, so you may need to update Windows first.

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty,
    It did work but now has stopped under edge.
    I have the all the updates loaded for Windows 10 and when I right click the 1password icon in edge and select Manage it states:
    Version ; 4.6.12.90.
    I do have a membership so I just ran from the start bar 1password 6 and that states 6.8.492.
    I have attached a screen shot.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mccltd: Great! Thanks for letting me know. Unfortunately version 1703 is not all of the updates, as we're on 1709 since autumn (Fall Creators Update). We're working an a workaround that might help you with Edge, but I can't say when that will be ready...and running 1703 you're vulnerable to the recently discovered Spectre and Meltdown exploits, which only have mitigations in 1709, with more on the way. So I'd definitely recommend looking into getting up to date.

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brenty, Just ran a windows update again and now got the 1709. So will update. Will await a hopeful fix to edge and 1password

• Hi @mccltd,

The update to 1709 itself should let you use 1Password in Edge, so do not wait for us, try it again when you install 1709.

• mccltd
    mccltd
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Mike T will try it.

• :+1:

This discussion has been closed.