set up 1password on android phone

mike5495
mike5495
Community Member

When I try to complete the installation of 1Password on my android phone I am prompted with the Dropbox/WLAN server/Local storage question as part of setup - none of these seem relevant as I have the annual subscription version.

I was expecting to just have to sign in but no such screen is available.

Can you advise?

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: 6.8.5 (685004)
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:set up 1password on android phone

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mike5495: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! If you're not seeing an option to sign into your 1Password.com account, then you either have a very outdated version of the app, or your OS. Delete it, and then install a fresh copy from the Google Play store, and keep in mind that 1Password.com accounts require security features from Android 5 or higher. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• mike5495
    mike5495
    Community Member

Thanks for the rapid response - it makes complete sense.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to help...but I'm curious, which was it?

• mike5495
    mike5495
    Community Member

Android 4.4.4 on my phone

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, thanks for letting me know. I'm sorry there isn't a way for 1Password.com to work there, but if and when you're ready for a new device it'll be there waiting for you — along with a number of features and security improvements in Android. :blush:

• yabad299
    yabad299
    Community Member

hola , tengo la version de 1password gratis en mi pc y en mi telefono , no puedo sincronizarlo , no tengo o no entiendo como hacer una boveda de dropbox.
    no entiendo , si es que tengo que pagarpara poder tener la version paga de 1password y asi sincronizarlo con mi telefono.
    agradecere su pronta respuesta .

• Hi @yabad299. The standalone version of 1Password is licensed separately on each platform. Unfortunately because of how the Play Store is designed, we are not able to bundle the premium features on Android with 1Password on other platforms. The in-app purchase is handled directly through the Play Store and is linked to your Google account. So there's no actual license linked to the purchase.

That said, 1Password for Android is free to use and has full functionality during its 30 day trial. After the trial period it becomes limited to a reader. This means that you can sync, view, and copy and paste your data, but you won't be able to add, edit, or fill items from Android without the Pro features or an active 1Password membership. You can read more about it here:
    https://support.1password.com/pro-features-android/

With a 1Password membership, all devices and upgrades are covered, and your data syncs automatically.

As to the sync issue, can you let me know what version you have on Windows? What sort of trouble are you having syncing?

• yabad299
    yabad299
    Community Member

buen dia , tengo windows 7 home.
    con el celular me pide encontrar tres opciones diferentes
    dropbox , me esta pidiendo la ubicacion de la boveda de 1password , y no se como hacerlo.
    muchas gracias

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@yabad299: If you have setup your 1Password data to sync to your Dropbox account already on another device, you can find the location there in the app's Preferences. The default location is (Dropbox)/Apps/1Password/

Sync with Dropbox

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Google translation:

Si ha configurado sus datos de 1Password para sincronizar con su cuenta de Dropbox que ya está en otro dispositivo, puede encontrar la ubicación allí en las Preferencias de la aplicación. La ubicación predeterminada es (Dropbox)/Apps /1Password/

Sincroniza 1Password con Dropbox

Espero que esto ayude. ¡Asegúrate de informarme si tienes alguna otra pregunta! :)

• yabad299
    yabad299
    Community Member

no encuentro la seccion preferencia

• yabad299
    yabad299
    Community Member

no encuentro donde
    esta la seccion Preferencias de la aplicación. La ubicación predeterminada es / Dropbox / Apps / 1Password /

• yabad299
    yabad299
    Community Member

• yabad299
    yabad299
    Community Member

desde donde sincronizo 1password para DROP BOX?

• Thanks, @yabad299. It looks like you're using a 1Password account, which syncs automatically instead of using Dropbox. Please follow the steps here to sign into your account from 1Password on Android: https://support.1password.com/add-account/

This discussion has been closed.