Connect 1Password 6.8 to my 1Password vault file [Please download 1Password 4 for local vaults]

Options
MauricioPriego
MauricioPriego
Community Member
edited January 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I have been using 1Password for several years, using a vault file synchronized by dropbox in all my devices. I changed my computer (Windos 10) and I installed 1Password. My surprise is that I can't find where configure 1Password for to use my current vault file. It seems that there is no other way than using your cloud database...

How can I connect 1Password 6.8.492 to my current 1Password vault file wich is in my computer?

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:How can I connect 1Password 6.8.492 to my current 1Password vault file wich is in my computer?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MauricioPriego,

Thank you for reaching out! I am sorry for the confusion.

1Password 6 for Windows is focused on 1Password.com accounts and does not support local vaults at the moment. If you want to use your local vault and existing standalone license, please download and use 1Password 4 for Windows for the time being.

We are planning to bring local vaults support back in 1Password 7 for Windows, but I have no ETA now. Please stay tuned. :) If you are interested in using 1Password 6 now, please take a closer look at the benefits of 1Password.com accounts:

What are the benefits of a 1Password membership?

If you have other questions, we are always here for you. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• MauricioPriego
    MauricioPriego
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Greg, the information has been usefull
    Success!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@MauricioPriego: You are very welcome! :chuffed: :+1:

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you.

Have a great week!

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.