To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't sync Mac and iPhone. Can't update app. Can't find license. Stuck in an endless loop.

Options
mckay_patrick
mckay_patrick
Community Member

I've had 1Password for years. Updated the app over the years, so don't think I'm on subscription. Can't sync my Mac and iPhone. Tried to update the app, and I'm stuck in an endless loop hitting the retrieve license button, going to my hotmail account and clicking the Agilebits link sent, and then you sending me back to the same window with the retrieve license button. How do I update? Can I switch to subscription?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12.90
OS Version: OS 10.12.5
Sync Type: Not sure.
Referrer: forum-search:Can't sync Mac and iPhone. Can't update app. Can't find license. Stuck in an endless loop.

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @mckay_patrick! Glad to have you with us, both in terms of 1Password and on this forum. :)

If you've recently upgraded your license to the current version, it requires a license file, not a serial-number-style license key that you type in manually. If you've retrieved your license purchases via email, there should be a link there you can click titles Click here to Apply your 1Password license. Make sure you have 1Password running and unlocked, then click that link. This should license 1Password for you automatically, which you can verify by checking in 1Password > License -- if you see the big gold seal, you're good. If not, let us know.

• mckay_patrick
    mckay_patrick
    Community Member
    Options

Thank you! Got the gold seal, so I was good. Downloaded the Chrome extension and got that going again (stopped working for some reason.) But I still can't sync. Both my iPhone and my Mac are on the same wireless network, same WLAN, but I keep getting the same message (attached). Could trying to do it over public wireless be a problem? Maybe if I switch both to a private wireless network? Don't know.

• mckay_patrick
    mckay_patrick
    Community Member
    Options

Yep. That was issue. Just had to sync over a private wireless network instead of public. All good! Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mckay_patrick - Hey, great! Glad to hear things worked and you got the WLAN configuration working as well. For future reference, if WLAN syncing gives you trouble, we've got a great troubleshooting guide for going through most of the possibilities of what could bedevil such a setup. WLAN is a great non-cloud option, but it's also the one sync method that incorporates the most variables we can't predict or control (such as the makeup and configuration of your network), so we're least able to troubleshoot that for you because every network is different. But that guide represents our best attempt, so if you have issues with it in the future, give it a whirl! Have a great weekend, and stay safe out there.

This discussion has been closed.