Sub domain matching all under one password

hacked
hacked
Community Member
edited January 2018 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,

For work I have a single domain admin account. That password is used across many subdomains. So I have in my 1password item a single username and password with multiple websites in it. This hasn't worked since 1password 6. Worked in 4 for windows and yas always worked in Mac.

What happens is when I'm on those websites it may or may not find my 1password item like it does in other versions. Even if it does it will only work on the first website listed. If it works and I'm not on the first website listed it will take me there instead of filling in the password on the one I am on.

Can this please get added on to the Todo list?

Comments

• Hi @hacked,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you clarify what isn't working, it is not filling or not showing the item in 1Password mini?

I just tested it and it works for me:

• hacked
    hacked
    Community Member

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. What is happening deals with Subdomains specifically.

To use your example Google has a bunch of different web apps. Let's say you have to log into them all individually instead of one log in.

Therefore there would be mail.google.com, maps.google.com, docs.google.com, sheets.google.com, etc, all with the same credentials.

Since they all use the same login I would have one single password item with the one set of credentials but all those SUB domains in it as well.

Does that help?

Thanks!

• Hi @hacked,

Thanks, I've used the wrong example. This is what I meant:

Let me take a step back to try to understand the issue: what are you expecting 1Password to do when you go to sheets.google.com and what is 1Password doing instead?

• hacked
    hacked
    Community Member

In your example, what will always happen, regardless of what "Google" site I am on, is it will find the correct password occasionally but it will only fill in if it's on Gmail.google.com. If the site I am on isn't Gmail.google.com 1password mini will take me there and then fill in the password. No other sub domains works.

So for sheets.google.com, 1password mini will find the password item but then take me to Gmail as that is the first website listed in the password item. Instead of filling in the creds for sheets.google.com.

More specifically I have a password item like so:

Username and password for My domain abc.com
    Sites:
    Https://Webapp1.abc.com
    Https://Webapp2.abc.com
    Etc

If I am on any web app other than webapp1 it will redirect me to webapp1 and fill creds in there instead of filling in creds for webappX.

I have tried using just the sub domain as well but it does not work either: just https://webapp2

• Hi @hacked,

Thanks for these details.

How are you invoking 1Password mini, are you pressing "Control + \" or clicking on 1Password icon in your web browser?

It sounds like 1Password is doing a Go and Fill, not filling, that's definitely not right.

• hacked
    hacked
    Community Member

I am using both methods. :)

• MikeT
    edited January 2018

Yea, something is not right, I am not able to reproduce what you're saying. We're missing something.

If we switch to emails here, would you be willing to show screenshots or record a video of the issue? If yes, please email us with a link to this thread and your forum username at support+windows@agilebits.com.

• hacked
    hacked
    Community Member

Oh weird. Yeah I can definitely do that! After I record what's happening I'll see if I can do a more thorough uninstall and reinstall of the application.

• hacked
    hacked
    Community Member

Never mind,

I made a mistake. I didn't have the full domain in there. I just had: https://webapp1 vs https://webapp1.abc.com

Not sure if the first one is supposed to work but the later definitely does!

• @hacked: That'll do it! Without having the .com there specifically, 1Password for Windows isn't able to match that Login with anything and will default to a go & fill (opening the site for you and filling). Glad you were able to sort it out! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.