chrome extension not working showing no passwords and not saving any

Options

Hello, I installed 1Password on a windows laptop and added the chrome extension but it is not saving any passwords. It will pop up with the save login box but directly under where it says "Would you like to save this "agilebits.com" Login in 1Password there is a drop down arrow with nothing in it and nothing to select from. I tried adding credentials directly into the 1Password app but if I search the extension for a password it is empty, not showing the ones I created and saved directly in 1Password. Also, it is verion 4.6.2.626 and it will ask me to update to version 6 but when I try and go forward it will pop up with a dialog box asking me for a key and other information I do not have.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:chrome extension not working showing no passwords and not saving any

Comments

• paddypdx
    paddypdx
    Community Member
    Options

The other thing I forgot to mention, I cannot click on "save login" button from the chrome extension. It does not respond.

• @paddypdx: It sounds like you have both 1Password 4 and 1Password 6 installed on this PC and the extension is connecting with 1Password 6. 1Password 6 on Windows only works with our 1Password.com subscription accounts so it doesn't have any data right now leading to your troubles with that save login dialogue. If you would like to continue using your local vault/license, you won't want to update to 1Password 6. Instead, uninstall 1Password 6 and, once you've done so, open 1Password 4 and choose Help > Advanced > Use Native Messaging protocol. Restart your browser and you should see the extension behave as expected from then on, but let us know if you're still having trouble. :chuffed:

• paddypdx
    paddypdx
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! That worked a charm. All good now.

• Not a problem and glad to hear it! :+1: :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.