App-ending bug?

Options
Sinister
Sinister
Community Member

I opened the note on a Server item, was viewing it, and tried to copy a portion of it. As soon as I realized that you can only copy the entire note, and not text from it (please make it so we can select and copy portions of the note on the Android app) the app crashed. It crashes now every time I try to open the item. This is on a local vault. If I open the same item which I also have in the accounts vault, it opens fine. It looks like I will have to clear data/reinstall.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• darrenNZ
    darrenNZ
    Community Member
    Options

That same scenario doesn't reproduce for me.

What is your:

• 1Password Version
    • Extension Version
    • OS Version
    • Sync Type
  • peri
    Options

Hi @Sinister. Thanks for answering @darrenNZ's questions and providing details about your setup. :)

Are you seeing any error messages after this? Do you see the option to send us a report, and if so, are you able to send the report and include your email address that you use here, or your forum handle in the email body?

• peri
    Options

Thanks! We'll keep an eye out for it. Is it just one item you're having trouble with, or is it all notes in your local vault? @Sinister

• saad
    edited January 2018
    Options

It looks like this problem started in our last beta release (6.7.1.BETA-1), and we will have it fixed shortly. Thanks for reporting it! :) I've also moved this thread to Android Beta since this is specific to the beta version.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

Thanks! I take it you found it and were able to determine that. I take it it only targets specific items?

@Sinister: It's my understanding that this is a side effect of another change we made in the latest version, so it shouldn't be too difficult to find a fix. :)

By the way, what about being able to copy/paste PART of a note, instead of the whole thing?

It's on the list of improvements we'd like to have as well. ;)

ref: OPA-611

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I don't think we really have a quid pro quo thing going here, but I've let the rest of the team know the specific changes you're looking for. Just keep in mind that we need to consider the needs of all of our customers when we decide what we spend our time and energy on...so hopefully they want us to prioritize the exact same things you do, or it may backfire on you! ;)

• saad
    Options

Hey @Sinister! We just published a beta update that includes the fix for the crash with opening specific items in a standalone vault. Could you update to the new version and let us know if it resolves the issue on your end? Thanks!

• saad
    Options

The problem was with a change that we made to how we were loading custom password fields with items in standalone vaults. It looks like we missed a step, but we have that sorted now. Thanks for confirming the fix on your end!

We have received your feature request to allow copying parts of a note. We are reviewing this, along with a few other changes we want to make to the item detail screen. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I am hanging around in the hopes of...and as I do I refer many new clients. Is anything really ever quid pro quo? But is anything ever really not?

@Sinister: Touché. :)

Thanks! Talk to Brenty about the other items I have been waiting for please?!

They're all in our internal tracker, which we update for each any time we get feedback from customers, whether that be for bug fixes, improvements, or new features. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.