Adding a team account to the App Store standalone version

dlaney
dlaney
Community Member

I have the App Store standalone version of 1Password. I'd like to add my (subscription-based) work team account. Is this possible? Or would it migrate my standalone version to a subscription-based account? Main question is: I see that I can add an account via my current standalone version. If I add my team account, can I also disassociate that account with my personal standalone account at any point without impact with what is currently in my standalone personal account that is not subscription-based? Thanks!

1Password Version: 1Password Version 6.8.5 (685003) Mac App Store
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:app store version with teams

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018

@dlaney

I have the App Store standalone version of 1Password. I'd like to add my (subscription-based) work team account. Is this possible?

You bet! If you're running 1Password for Mac 6, you can add your 1Password Teams account right into Preferences > Accounts. Just tap on the plus button near the bottom of the window and you can either scan your Setup Code or enter your details manually, and your vaults and items will be added immediately.

Main question is...If I add my team account, can I also disassociate that account with my personal standalone account at any point...

If you've been using 1Password in your personal life as a standalone app, then you do not have a 1Password account, you have local data. You can view both the local data and any number of 1Password accounts inside the same 1Password for Mac app, but they remain separate. In other words, yes: if you leave your job and either you remove the 1Password Teams account from inside your 1Password for Mac app, or your Administrator removes your access, your local, personal 1Password data will not be affected.

• dlaney
    dlaney
    Community Member

Excellent. Thanks for the info. That's the way I expected it to work but wanted to make sure. Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad Lars was able to help! Indeed, since it's the same app, it's no problem. We're here if you need anything else! :)

This discussion has been closed.