upgrading to ver 6

Hi -just switched to your cloud based account form ver 4.

a few questions:
1. can i delete the private vault that was created automatically?
2. can i select multiple items/records/passwords - and delete them ? or move them together to a different vault ?
3. is there an option to drag and drop items like in ver 4 ? (that way it is easier to sort the items into groups or categories)
4. I also purchased to android ver about a year ago - can i continue to use it ? should i just log in to the cloud account ?
5. i there a difference between the "private" vault and other vaults that i created by myself ?

thanks

Comments

• Hey @ofir! I think there are some key differences here that may be tripping you up, so I'll try to provide some more in-depth explanation in response to your questions where it might help.

1. can i delete the private vault that was created automatically?

You can't delete any of the default vaults. A 1Password.com account cannot have zero vaults, so the best way to make 100% sure that never ever happens is to prevent the default vaults from being deleted. In the future, we do want to introduce some more options to customize these vaults, but security and stability come first.

1. can i select multiple items/records/passwords - and delete them ? or move them together to a different vault ?

Absolutely! Ctrl + A will select all items in the currently selected vault/account and holding Ctrl as you select items will let you select multiple items at once. Delete them with Ctrl + Del and move or copy them to a new vault using the Share icon. You can learn more about moving items around here. :+1:

1. is there an option to drag and drop items like in ver 4 ? (that way it is easier to sort the items into groups or categories)

This is one instance in which a difference between standalone vaults and 1Password.com accounts is really important. Specifically, 1Password.com accounts use tags rather than folders like standalone vaults did. This is more versatile as you can have multiple tags for each item without the restrictions of nested folders. Plus, search allows you to filter your item list to display only items with certain tags. The tags tab on the sidebar also provides a view similar the folder view you're used to. 1Password 6 for Windows doesn't currently support dragging and dropping items here to tag them, but we are working on a lot of improvements for tags in general, including the option to tag multiple items at once. These features are still works-in-progress, so I can't say when they might be ready for release, but I'm certainly looking forward to them. :chuffed: For now, you will need to edit items individually to tag them.

1. I also purchased to android ver about a year ago - can i continue to use it ? should i just log in to the cloud account ?

To ensure your devices stay in sync, you should definitely sign into your account in 1Password for Android. Keep in mind that if you still have your old standalone vault in your Android app, you should make sure you have all of your data in your 1Password.com account, then reinstall 1Password for Android and sign in to your account to make sure you don't end up with duplicates int he All Vaults view.

1. i there a difference between the "private" vault and other vaults that i created by myself ?

In short, maybe. If you have a Family or Team account where you can share vaults with your family members or co-workers, you set the permissions for the vaults you create, so some of these vaults may be visible to others, depending on the permissions you set. You can learn more about that here. If you have an Individual account, then these vaults are effectively the same as your Personal vault, but you can delete them (unlike your Personal vault) and give them unique names if you'd like to use them as an organizational method. For example, I have a vault solely for test accounts I create when testing login forms with the 1Password extension. Sometimes, these are for sites where I already have an account and I don't want them mucking up my normal usage of 1Password. Having them in their own vault allows me to exclude them from All Vaults so I don't see them unless I'm actively using them to test things out.

I hope this helps and that you're enjoying your 1Password.com account, but let us know if you have additional questions. We're always happy to lend a hand. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.