Browser extension not working anymore after deinstalling 1Passsword 4 (Windows)

Hi there,

I used 1password 4 (Windows) for quite a long time. Last year I "upgraded" to 1password team V6 (Windows). Everything worked fine, although it was not really an upgrade because there have been two installations of 1password - the old one (V4) and the new one (team V6), running both at the same time.

Today I decided to deinstall the former installation of 1password V4 to clean up the windows system. After that I realized that the 1password browser addon icons has been disabled (Firefox and Chrome). The icons are still there but they are grey. However, the browser settings say the addon is still active.

So, I deactivated and activated the 1password addon in the browser settings --> doen't help.
Then I reinstalled the browser extensions --> dosen't help.
Then I deinstalled the browser extension, I disconnected the browser extensions in 1password settings, I restarted windows and installed browser extensions again --> doesn't help. Now, the 1password settings do not show any connected browsers although the browser addon is active.

Now I am a bit lost.

Does anyone know how I can reconnect the browsers with 1password team? Registry?

Best regards,
Max

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@maxvormmac: It sounds like you may just need to enable Native Messaging in 1Password Settings > Advanced, but what are the exact Windows, 1Password, browser, and extensions versions you are you using?

• maxvormmac
    maxvormmac
    Community Member

Brenty,

Thanks a lot for your answer. That was exactly the missing link :) Now it works fine.

1Password 6.8.496
    Windows 10 Pro Ver 1709 Build 16299.192 (64 Bit) on Parallels 13.2.0
    Firefox 57.0.4
    Chrome 63.0.3239.132

• maxvormmac
    maxvormmac
    Community Member

Browser Extension 4.6.12.90

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@maxvormmac - thanks for the details, but if this solved your issue, we don't really need them. Am I to understand that it did (hopefullly)?

• maxvormmac
    maxvormmac
    Community Member

Hi Lars,
    Yes, everything works fine.
    I gave you the details for the statistics :)
    Thanks a lot,
    Max

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sure thing! We're here if you need us. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.