iPhone Login not working

Options
krkbab
krkbab
Community Member

I have been using 1Password successfully on my iMac for a while. I just (successfully) set it up on my iPhone. Under the Login section, it appears on my iPhone the same way it does on my iMac (yay!) But when I click on a specific login on my iPhone, it doesn't automatically login to the website like it does on my iMac. It just takes me to that websites Login info. There doesn't seem to be anywhere where I can get it to actually login.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@krkbab: I hope you don't mind, but since you don't seem to be using 1Password X in Chrome, I've moved your post to the iOS category of the forums.

Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! It isn't possible for us to do on iOS what we can on macOS, which is emulate Return/Enter keyboard input to submit the form automatically using Javascript. We've experimented with other methods of doing Autosubmit on iOS, but they have not been particularly reliable and actually caused issues with a fair amount of websites. So while you can have 1Password fill login credentials for you, you'll need to tap the button to submit the form. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• krkbab
    krkbab
    Community Member
    Options

The problem is that (as far as I can see), there is no button to tap to submit the form.
    I don’t mind if there’s one more step to take but I see no button to tap?!
    Thanks

• krkbab
    krkbab
    Community Member
    Options

BTW- thanks for moving my post to a more appropriate forum.
    Kurt

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@krkbab - on iOS, 1Password will take you to whatever URL you initially saved for that particular Login item. In other words, if you created an item for Amazon that has https://amazon.com as its URL, you'll be taken to the front page of Amazon. However, many websites do not have their front page set as their login page: typically, there's a separate page for logging in. But if you don't have that login page saved as the URL in 1Password, you won't be taken there.

Can I ask you to clarify what you mean by "I see no button to tap?" What site(s) are you experiencing this behavior on? If you'd prefer not to say in this public forum, you can send us and email at support+forum@agilebits.com and we can continue the conversation in private. If you go that route, with your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/85957/iphone-login-not-working#latest
    • Your forum username: krkbab

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your email in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number in the Subject line.  Please post that number here so we can track down your email and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thanks very much!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

The problem is that (as far as I can see), there is no button to tap to submit the form. I don’t mind if there’s one more step to take but I see no button to tap?!

@krkbab: Just to clarify, I'm referring to the login form on a website, which is generally something like this:

Username __________
    Password __________
    (This button →) [Sign In]

I can't say I recall seeing login forms without any way to submit them without using a keyboard, but I bet they exist. It's more likely, however, that the website you're having this problem at is just formatted poorly for a mobile device. I'd love to know the URL!

This discussion has been closed.