1Password app for Motorola Moto E (1st generation) Android 4.4.4 Phone

glow259
glow259
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Android

iMac 27" 5k retina desktop PC where I have 1Password 6 version 6.8.5 (685004) for quite a while now
OS - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Moto e (1st generation) Android phone arrived a few days ago and I'm trying to get 1Password to function
in it. I also downloaded Dropbox in my iMac thinking it will synchronize with Dropbox in Moto e Android via wifi
to make it work but to no avail. I have no idea where to go from here as " error: 1Password vault not found in
the Dropbox Folder" even though 1Password got installed and the 1Password icon is sitting on Android desktop.

Moto e (1st generation) Android phone version 4.4.4 screenshot attachment below.

Thank you for your immediate assistance.

glow259

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password app for Motorola Moto E (1st generation) Android

Comments

• Hi @glow259. Thanks for reaching out!

In addition to installing Dropbox on your Macs, you'll need to make sure you've set up Dropbox sync on them as well, according to this guide: https://support.1password.com/sync-with-dropbox/

Let us know if that helps!

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member

Thank you, Peri. I have been trying to figure my first Android since Dec. 27 and I've been weary and ready to give up. I have no clue
    what you are talking about, but let me attach photos of what I've done so far, ugh :(

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@glow259: Thank you! That makes it much clearer! That won't work for Dropbox, as WLAN Server is completely separate. please start over. You'll need to setup Dropbox sync in 1Password on your Mac first:

How to sync 1Password with Dropbox

And then when you setup 1Password on your Moto E, select Dropbox and choose the vault you're syncing with on the Mac. By default it will be in (Dropbox)/Apps/1Password/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member

Thank you Brenty, Set-up is ok now for both Dropbox in iMac and Android.
    1Password is also working on Android too.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

iMac 27" 5k retina desktop PC where I have 1Password 6 version 6.8.5 (685004) for quite a while now
    OS - MacOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Moto e Android (1st gen) 1Password 6.7

Re: 1Password Version 6.8.6 (686004) update successfully done today with no hitch on my iMac from 6.7 via 1Password notification pop-up.

Hello ;)

How do I upgrade my Android's 1Password version? There seems to be no
    way to tweak to search for an update.

Thank you

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@glow259: Glad to hear that all is mostly well! Just to clarify, updates are not released simultaneously for all platforms, as they are all very much separate code and have to be worked on individually...

However, we did happen to release updates for 1Password for Mac, iOS, Windows, and Android all within the last 24 hours or so...so I guess the stars have aligned or something! :lol:

Now, while they're all generally available, when it comes to app stores, they don't necessarily reach everyone at the same time. So you may have to wait a bit to — in this case — allow Google's servers to propagate it around the world. But once it's available, you'll see it in the Play Store app on your Android device by tapping the "hamburger" icon in the upper left and going to My apps & games to view available updates. Cheers! :)

• glow259
    glow259
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Thank you . . . (thinking) hmmm, now how do I initiate a meteor to route it faster.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

:lol:

But I'm still waiting on the Android 8.1 update...

:cry:

• TurkL
    TurkL
    Community Member

Hi brenty and support crew

Like OP, I've got a Moto (in my case a Moto X not a Moto E) running 4.4.4 and a Mac, though unlike OP it's on El Capitan. 1Pass on the Mac is at 6.8.6.

I might be misreading OP's last comment but I inferred s/he got sync working on the Moto E. I can't get sync to work anymore; I'm on 1.8.5.2, and attempts to sync result in the same error as OP's initial post, "Cannot locate 1Password data file inside of Dropbox." Following the setup steps in this thread didn't get me anywhere, with Dropbox giving me this alert when I link to it from within 1Pass:
    "The old version of the Dropbox platform is being retired on September 28, 2017. The developer of this app has yet to acknowledge the change, so this app may not continue to work in the future."
    (Seems a little grouchy in tone, but whatever.)

I couldn't locate an update to 1Pass in the Play store, but OP's response on Jan 7 gives me hope that the version I'm using can somehow succeed in connecting to Dropbox.

Any tips?

Cheers,
    t

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I'm on 1.8.5.2, [...] "The old version of the Dropbox platform is being retired on September 28, 2017. [...]"

@TurkL: If you mean that's the version of 1Password you're using, that was retired years ago, long before Dropbox changed their APIs this past year. The current version was updated before that though, so it can sync with Dropbox just fine. I can't imagine why you'd have trouble finding it in a search, but you can get it here:

1Password for Android (Google Play)

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• TurkL
    TurkL
    Community Member

Thanks, brenty

It didn't occur to me to search for a fresh app with the same name I'd already installed and reinstall it; usually, I replace outdated versions with updates (i.e., launch the Play store, view "My apps & games" and and scan the update list). No update for 1.8.5.2 was listed there of course.

Installed, configured, and sync'd. Thanks for the help!

• I'm glad to hear that Brenty was able to help out, @TurkL! Let us know if you need anything else!

This discussion has been closed.