Sorting the Favorites ?

Options
lasllcap
lasllcap
Community Member

It is probably there (if I thought of it , some one already has, i am sure) and I have missed it somewhere.
But, it would be nice to sort by alpha or freq. of use or something
cheers, R

1Password Version: current
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3 , mOS 10.currrent
Sync Type: WiFi

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@lasllcap - thanks for writing in. You actually have NOT missed it; that feature is currently not available in 1Password for iOS. However, if you have a synced 1Password for Mac setup, the favorites ARE orderable there, and the setup you choose there should carry over onto iOS. You might have to delete 1Password and re-install for any new arrangement of Favorites to "take" on your iOS device, but it should work -- if you're really interested in it.

To give you a little more, this is a feature we'd like to add in the future, but to date we've not had developer cycles available to do so. It's not quite as easy as you might think, because users frequently have different vaults on different devices, and a Favorites setting that includes all vaults has to deal with how it handles things if a given vault is not present on other devices (in other words, if it references items that don't exist because they're not on that device). But we would like to see sortable favorites as well, so keep your eye on the updates! That's not a promise, just letting you know it's on our radar screen, too. :)

• Superfandominatrix
    Superfandominatrix
    Community Member
    Options

On the IOS app, rather than copying a custom sort from device to device / vault to value, would it be possible to add a button to sort by alpha?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Superfandominatrix: I think we may go that route across all platforms eventually. With the proliferation of vaults, trying to reconcile sort priority across all of them is problematic.

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    Options

Please bring back sort order of favs on iOS...........also - asking this for years - is bring sort order for Software Licenses on Version (and not only on Name).

With many licenses it becomes visually a mess !

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @mgshoutman. I’m not aware of any definite plans regarding either of those, but I can certainly see the utility of both. I’ll let our development team know of the request.

Ben

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    Options

@ben sort order for Version is known by them for years but frankly speaking I gave up

• Ben
    Options

Yep; unfortunately we can’t implement every request that is made, and some requests may be implemented long after they are made.

Ben

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mgshoutman: And most users don't scroll through lists like this anyway; there's simply too many items for most of us to find that remotely efficient. And since 1Password has had fantastic search for years now, that's how most people find what they're looking for. So that's where our focus is, not manual sorting and scrolling. Thanks for understanding.

• mgshoutman
    mgshoutman
    Community Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

I think we agree to disagree but I hope you find this screen awkward too :)

PS I am taking about Version sort order in the Software Licences pane only !

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mgshoutman: I guess I've just never been in a situation where I needed to find more than one version license for the same app to use in a short period of time. It's definitely something we can consider as we design future UI, but not something we're going to do just on a whim. There are a lot of other things that both the majority of our customers and ourselves would rather we add first.

• gustavobrito
    gustavobrito
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Guys.

Just found this old topic on Google.

Any news on this feature? Is really annoying to have no option to edit the favorites sorting in the iOS app. I love 1Password in all platforms and my most used one is on the iPhone, and miss this functionality a lot, every-single-day.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @gustavobrito

We're looking into the feasibility of adding sorting to iOS, but if added this would be in the form of sorting alphabetically by title, date modified, etc, rather than a custom order. That is something we hope to do, but at the moment custom ordering isn't on the radar.

Thanks.

Ben

ref: apple-2392

This discussion has been closed.