Edit/Delete a stand alone vault.

Options
VinylHound
VinylHound
Community Member

Hi, in familiarising myself a bit more with the program I created a stand alone vault on my mac but I can't see how to delete or rename it. I can't find anything in the knowledge base about how to go about it. Is it possible?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:editing a vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VinylHound: You cannot rename local vaults after the fact, but you can delete one from the 1Password menu when you have that vault selected. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• VinylHound
    VinylHound
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Brent. I can't find any option though for deleting the vault, and I've searched all the drop down menu items. Which menu is it in?

• VinylHound
    VinylHound
    Community Member
    Options

My apologies, Brenty. I just found it in the menu. I'm not sure why I didn't notice it earlier.

• VinylHound
    VinylHound
    Community Member
    Options

I have one more question, unrelated. Why, when I have 228 items across 4 vaults, does it say 17 items when I do a backup? Is this normal? The vault with the least in it has somewhere around 32.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Great! No need to apologize! This is literally why we're here. Don't ever hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions Have a great weekend! :chuffed:

• rudy
    Options

@VinylHound,

If some of those vaults and items are part of 1Password.com accounts, then they are not included in the backup zip files.

Rudy

• VinylHound
    VinylHound
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, Rudy. So in theory, I have 17 items that are not in my 1Password.com account, and they should reduce to zero when I have removed all stand alone local vaults.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@VinylHound: Sorry for missing your previous post when I was in the middle of replying (I only saw the first two).

Indeed, if you were using only a 1Password.com account, there would be no local backup, as all of that's handled by the server. Local backups are for local vaults, since that's the only way you'll get incremental backups over time.

If you need the data in the local vault, be sure to copy it to your account before deleting. If not, it'll be gone when you remove that vault (but still present in the local backups unless you delete them). Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.