chrome extension frequently stops working

Options
danabnelms
danabnelms
Community Member
edited January 2018 in Mac

Hi,
The 1Password extension for Chrome continually stops working. I usually delete the extension and reinstall, but I would like for it to work!
Any suggestions?

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: mac
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danabnelms: Can you be more specific about what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Also, be sure to let me know the OS, Chrome, and extension versions you're using. Thanks in advance!

• danabnelms
    danabnelms
    Community Member
    Options

When I "click" on the extension in the Chrome toolbar nothing happens, so I can not send a screen shot. This seems to happen at least several times a month. Thanks for responding and help!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danabnelms: Thanks for clarifying! If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#TCH-85342-796]

If you’re reading this and you are not danabnelms, this Support ID is for danabnelms only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: TCH-85342-796

• danabnelms
    danabnelms
    Community Member
    Options

I will definitely generate and send a diagnostics report (I'll follow your instructions above) when this happens again.
    Thanks so much for your help.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danabnelms - thanks! We'll look for it in our email support queue. Until then! :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danabnelms: Thinking about it more, when you say "several times a month" (a bit different than "frequently" you said originally), that may coincide with Chrome updates. Even a minor one will change its code signature temporarily until it is restarted to apply the update, so if you're leaving it open for extended periods of time, make sure you check for updates and restart it to apply them as needed. Cheers! :)

• danabnelms
    danabnelms
    Community Member
    Options

I definitely leave Chrome open (without restarting) for several days. It seems like a good idea to shut down every couple/few days anyway! Thanks again.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danabnelms You're quite welcome. Let us know if you continue to have issues or there's anything further we can do to assist!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@danabnelms: Honestly I'm not sure why Chrome doesn't let us know when it's waiting to restart. It doesn't take long at all, after all. I made the mistake of leaving it open for a few days here though, and now it's eating up 100% of my CPU(s)! I guess I should follow some of my own advice. :tongue:

• mgerchow
    mgerchow
    Community Member
    Options

Having the same problem... you click the chrome 1password button and it just doesn't open...
    If it does open, it opens after 1 minute or so.
    I've been looking for other alternatives to 1password as so frustrated by this, but it appears all companies are having similar results.
    So here to see if I can get help...

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2018
    Options

@mgerchow: Just to clarify, did you try restarting? You didn't include any details in your post, so I'm not quite sure how to help.

Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.