How do I renamed a field required for Login?

On a webpage that I need to log in to, the log in name shows "email address"
Even though I've add added my email address to the "username" field in 1PW, 1PW will not put it into the email address field.
Keep in mind this is on the Windows version of 1PW.

The Mac version of 1PW lets me add/remove/edit all field names for my logins, the windows version will not.
This is very frustrating, not to mention that I cannot get 1PW to log me into the website I need access to.

1Password Version: 6.8.492
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro, 64-Bit
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @cappy,

Thanks for writing in.

Can you re-save the Login item manually to see if that'll help? To do this, fill in your data manually on the site but don't submit, instead click on 1Password icon in your browser's toolbar, click on Settings > Save New Login. You can choose to replace the existing one by updating it or you can create a new Login item and delete the old one manually.

If it doesn't work, could you share the website with us (you can email it to us for privacy via support+windows@agilebits.com), so we can investigate it.

Technically, web form details are not supposed to be editable in the first place and 1Password extension is the only one that should be modifying it. They're not meant for the user to change because the 1Password extension doesn't actually use it completely but as part of some of its internal algorithms. At the moment, editing the web form fields is not possible in the Windows version but we'll add that support in a future update and our extension team is working on something that may change how all of this work.

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

That didn't work.
    1PW put the PW in the username field, and nothing in the Email address filed- this field still doesn't exist.

What happened to the automatic popups- when 1PW used to detect that a login doesn't exist?

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

I've also sent an email with the URL of the problem website

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cappy: I'm not seeing anything in the inbox from this address. Can you give me the Support ID you received in response? Thanks! :)

• cappy
    cappy
    Community Member

[#GXG-83475-326]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@cappy: Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look and get back to you shortly! :)

ref: GXG-83475-326

This discussion has been closed.