To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Unable to sign into 1password.com despite entering correct email address, secret key and password

Options
iankphan
iankphan
Community Member

Hi,

I am getting the message "your subscription has expired".. On my device account status, it says: Frozen.
On my laptop's web browser, I keep on getting "Cannot sign in. Your email address, Secret Key, or Master Password is incorrect" message when I login to 1password.com with the proper email address, secret key and master password. I am able to login via mini app or the app on my Samsung device.

Thanks,
ian

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:login to 1password.com

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@iankphan: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! Indeed, unless you setup billing for your 1Password.com membership, the account will be frozen once the 30 day trial is over. And you will need to enter all of the account credentials -- sign in address, email address, Master Password, and Secret Key -- correctly in order to sign into the app or website, so if even one of them is even slightly off it will not work. Do you have your Emergency Kit? Unless you made a change to your account after saving it, that will have your correct account credentials. Keep in mind that if you're using a Primary (local) vault in the app on any of your devices, you may have used a different Master Password there than you setup for your account. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• iankphan
    iankphan
    Community Member
    Options

I purchased/downloaded the 1Password app for my Samsung device a few years ago and a year or two ago I confusingly signed up a free trial subscription (?) at the 1password.com. Do I have two different accounts then? If so, may be the two have different master password and/or secret key? I was using the master password and key that was shown in my device's Settings/1Password accounts with sign-in address: https://my.1password.com/signin/. Note, the apps on my Samsung device is able to sign in using those credentials fine..

Thanks,
    ian

• iankphan
    iankphan
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have any Emergency Kit. The Primary vault in the app on my device is on a dropbox account..
    I am planning to start a new family subscription and I would like to use my current 1password account.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I purchased/downloaded the 1Password app for my Samsung device a few years ago and a year or two ago I confusingly signed up a free trial subscription (?) at the 1password.com. Do I have two different accounts then?

@iankphan: From your description, it sounds like you have one account, which you signed up for fairly recently, as 1Password.com memberships have only existed for the past two years.

If so, may be the two have different master password and/or secret key?

Ultimately only you will know, but if you were using 1Password prior to us introduction 1Password.com memberships, you wouldn't have had an account at that time.

I was using the master password and key that was shown in my device's Settings/1Password accounts with sign-in address: https://my.1password.com/signin/. Note, the apps on my Samsung device is able to sign in using those credentials fine.. I don't have any Emergency Kit.

Great! Then you can use your account credentials to sign into your Profile page on 1Password.com in your web browser:

https://start.1password.com/profile

There you can click "Manage" to save a copy of your Emergency Kit and keep it somewhere secure in case you ever need it.

The Primary vault in the app on my device is on a dropbox account..

Then the Master Password for that Primary vault will be the one you use to unlock the app there. That may be different or the same as the one you chose for your 1Password.com account when you set it up. Only you will know.

I am planning to start a new family subscription and I would like to use my current 1password account.

It's pretty easy to switch to a 1Password Families plan. You'll just need to sign into your account on the website, and then click "Invite People" on the right. That will allow you to invite your loved ones to have them setup their own accounts under your family plan so they can get all of the same benefits, and you can share vaults with each other securely as well:

Share 1Password with your family

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.