How do you reorder favorites now in version 7.0 (70000001)?

Options
dmote75
dmote75
Community Member

In versions prior to 7.0 there was an Edit button on the Favorites tab. Now that is not there. I tried tap & hold to drag and drop but that isn't working. Only way I can see is in Windows and right clicking to move Fav up or down, which takes forever if the item your moving you want at the top.

1Password Version: 7.0
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:reorder favorites

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmote75: It's not possible in 7.0, but it's something that may be available in an update. Thanks for letting us know you'd like this feature in the new iOS app! :)

• dmote75
    dmote75
    Community Member
    Options

Okay, just didn't know how difficult it would be for you to add the code back in. It's not a new feature, just wanting the function back that was there before 7.0 update.
    Thanks

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback. :)

Ben

• _christoph
    _christoph
    Community Member
    Options

How is it no longer possible to reorder favourites?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@dmote75: As I'm sure you noticed, we have a brand new interface for Favorites in 1Password 7. So while "add the code back in" isn't an option, we'll certainly consider your request for reordering in the new version. Cheers! :)

• Ben
    Options

Hi @_christoph

I’ve merged your thread with another on the same subject. Please see above. :)

Ben

• alanhoyle
    alanhoyle
    Community Member
    Options

Please consider "reorder favorites in All Vaults view" as a feature request. Thanks!

• Ben
    Options

Will do, @alanhoyle. :)

Ben

• dmote75
    dmote75
    Community Member
    Options

@brenty Thanks! Yeah it was definitely a nice feature that I used in order to keep my Favorites alphabetical. Maybe even an option to choose a sort order would be cool, say "alpha, or as entered" or other possible sort options. I do like have the full control though. Thanks again

• Ben
    Options

Thanks for the feedback, @dmote75. Those are certainly avenues that we can take into consideration. :)

Ben

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member
    Options

I thought it was just me being stupid. Surely there must be a way to organize Favorites. Even alphabetically. But apparently not. That's just plain stupid.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kitmos: Thanks for sharing you opinion, but do try to keep it civil. Not everything has to be stupid just because it doesn't match your expectations. Be kind to all, but especially to yourself; you're the only you you have. Meanwhile, we'll keep working on new features and improvements for the next 1Password software update. Cheers! :)

• justme12
    justme12
    Community Member
    Options

Same for me tonight @kitmos. Looked forever on the app, no way to do it. Came here and found this thread.

To not even have the Favorites alphabetize automatically is nuts. Do the Agile software engineers used their iOS product?

• Ben
    Options

Every day. :) Thanks for the feedback.

Ben

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

As a workaround, you can re-order the Favorites in the desktop apps. But like the others, I would still prefer to be able to do that on the iOS device itself, without the need of another device ;)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Agreed. We've got some work to do with making this work better between multiple accounts/vaults, and also across platforms. Thanks for the nudge. :)

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member
    Options

@Manaburner: How do you re-order Favorites on the desktop? I've tried repeadetly and nothing I try works.

• Manaburner
    Manaburner
    Community Member
    Options

@kitmos you re-order them by dragging and dropping them. I've tried with 1Password 4 on Windows and 1Password 6 on Mac. It doesn't work in 1Password 6 for Windows as it looks though

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kitmos - this is one of the short list of features we'd really like to see improved, but now has to be done in a cross-platform way that also works with the 1password.com web client (where drag isn't actually a thing). @Manaburner is quite correct that you can do it in 1Password for Mac and in 1Password 4 for Windows -- but if you're using 1Password 6 for Windows and 1Password for iOS exclusively (a smaller subset of our users, but not one we want to make life more difficult for), you'll be out of luck for now. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member
    Options

Strange. I just tried it again with 1Password 6 Version 6.8.6.BETA-2 (686002)
    and it simply will not rearrange. I've tried holding down modifier keys but that doesn't help. I can make it alphabetical but that doesn't translate to the 1Password mini as you know.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kitmos - that IS strange -- you should be able to just click-and-drag favorites to wherever you want them in 1Password for Mac. If that's not working, I'd Quit 1Password and the Mini by typing ^⌥⌘Q (or just holding down the Control and Option keys as you choose Quit from the 1Password menu) and try again after restart.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kitmos: Sorry for the trouble there! If you're in All Vaults, it may not work as expected. Favorites sorting was created years before All Vaults was added, and it doesn't work well there since the sorting is done on the vault level and there isn't any good way to reconcile these. I'm not sure there's a good solution for this, but it's something we're looking into.

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars: No it doesn't work. @Brenty mentioned that if I'm in All Vaults it won't work correctly. I only use 1 vault I guess. Not really sure as I've never played with them.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kitmos: It works sometimes, but it's really pretty flaky, especially the more vaults you have. If you only have a single vault though, try switching to that one in particular. I can't promise that will help, but it can in some cases. We probably just need to stick with alphabetical sorting or something going forward, as it just doesn't scale well to try to assign "rank" to these. Sorry for the hassle. :(

• Homerj222
    Homerj222
    Community Member
    Options

Please bring back the option to reorder favorites. It’s much easier for me to have them alphabetically rather than random. You know, like the main vault. Why this was removed is a mystery to me or it was overlooked. Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Homerj222: Favorites exist at the vault level, so I think we'll probably make it alphabetical, as sorting them across multiple vaults is problematic...and that's what most folks are using nowadays. Thanks for your feedback! :)

• gustavobrito
    gustavobrito
    Community Member
    Options

Dear 1 Password Team,

I just posted on other thread and found this one, newer than the other. I can see since November this is a much-appreciated functionality we - your loyal customers - are waiting to have it back. Do you have news the ability to reorder Favorites on the iOS app to share?

Thanks in advance.

• Ben
    Options

We replied to you in the other thread. :) For the future please do not post the same question in multiple threads as doing so causes a duplication of efforts which slows down support for everyone — including you.

Thanks.

Ben

• kitmos
    kitmos
    Community Member
    Options

I was thrilled when you made Favorites sortable based on how I want to sort them by drag and drop and now you've taken it away. I had all my monthly bills grouped together which made it so easy to pay them. Now with it only sorting alphabetically it's really easy for me to MISS a bill. Very dissapointed in this move.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@kitmos: I hear you, and I'm glad to hear that it was (I assume) working well in your case. But for the most people, Favorite sorting was very broken in a number of ways. It has proven problematic, as there is no good way to handle ordering across multiple vaults/accounts. Perhaps you were only using one and that's why you didn't run into issue, but most 1Password users have more nowadays and we have to find a sustainable way forward, so going forward this will be alphabetical. I'd encourage you to try tags, as those are supported and a great way to organize things however you want. We also have a lot of improvements coming in that area. But we'll continue to listen to feedback and explore other possibilities. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. :blush:

This discussion has been closed.