To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

i need to cancel my free subscription but i forgot my master password.

Options
jbbolong
jbbolong
Community Member

i need to cancel my free subscription but i forgot my master password. i tried following the links suggested to others but it just keeps on asking my master password and secret key which i do not have. pls help.

1Password Version: 6.8.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:i need to cancel my free subscription but i forgot my master password.

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jbbolong: Thanks for reaching out. I’m sorry for the confusion! There is no such thing as a free subscription. A 1Password.com membership can be used for a month as a free trial, but after that it costs money. So if you subscribed and no longer want to use it, make sure you cancel your subscription first. Then you can follow the instructions via email if you're sure you want to delete your account and everything in it.

However, you may want to consider a 1Password.com membership, since it gives you access to all of the apps, the web interface, and does away with license management and sync configuration altogether — you simply login to your account to authorize a device and access your data. So if there's anything we can do to help you get the most out of 1Password, please let us know. That way you can continue to enjoy all of its benefits. We're here for you if you have any questions. :)

• jbbolong
    jbbolong
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry for the confusion. You are right, i was able to sign up for the free trial and it’s about to expire in a couple of days time, hence the urgency to get my master password so i can cancel my free trial. Tried to delete my account thru the link in the email I received prior to this one and received a prompt and it seems that i was able to delete my account already. Does that mean that i will not be charged already? Thanks for the assistance

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jbbolong: Thanks for getting back to me! It depends on how you signed up. If you did so through the 1Password.com website, and setup billing there, deleting your account would have cleared that as well. However, if you signed up in the app and setup billing through Apple, you'll need to cancel your subscription with them to make sure you're not charged. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.