Um..I’ve made a mess and need the fixer..please iPad/iPhone sync

Options
runningp
runningp
Community Member

So, I’ve had my 1Password annual account on my iPhone and maclatop and was cruising along nicely. Recently I got rid of the maclatop (correctly) and replaced with iPad. Turned the ipad on, sync’d with iCloud and it seemed the that song “Life is but a dream” began playing in the background of my life.

I’ve been using the ipad for about a week or so and everything seemed great until this morning when my router needed an update and when I tried to login with the password from my iPad 1Password it barked..after a couple of tries I looked on my phone and noticed they were different. Once I got the router issue fixed I looked and noticed that my ipad was using Primary Vault (under accounts) and my phone is using my 1Password account (the correct personal vault). So I logged in on the iPad under accounts and now I have the personal and primary vault and 2 of everything (logins, e-mail..etc).

I would of course like to remove (I think) the primary on the ipad but the more I look at that remove button and it shows iCloud I get nervous and would rather you guys let me know the right thing even if it is obvious.

Please let me know if I left out anything to help me and as usual thanks in advance.

Scott

1Password Version: 7.0.5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@runningp

I’ve had my 1Password annual account on my iPhone and maclatop and was cruising along nicely. Recently I got rid of the maclatop (correctly) and replaced with iPad. Turned the ipad on, sync’d with iCloud...

Stop right there. That's going to be the problem -- or at least part of it. If you have a 1password.com account, it uses the 1Password.com servers for sync, not iCloud. Seems like you may have discovered this on your own already.

Fortunately, assuming what is in your 1password.com account is up-to-date, the fix for this is relatively simple. However, if you've been using your iPad this way for a while, you may have been making changes/additions/deletions to some of your data in the Primary vault which are NOT reflected in the 1password.com vault(s). Only you can say whether you think that's the case. If you're pretty sure you haven't deleted/added/changed anything on the iPad's Primary vault, you can proceed with the below instructions. If you HAVE, you'll want to use these instructions to move the data over from Primary to your account's vault(s).

When you're sure your account vaults are as up-to-date as possible, go to Settings > Advanced (might have to scroll down a bit to see it), then tap Erase all 1Password Data. This will do exactly that, and also quit 1Password. The next time you launch 1Password for iOS on your iPad, you'll be presented with the Welcome (new user) screen. From there, use your Setup Code on your Emergency Kit or manually enter your credentials to sign back into your 1Password account, and you should have only the account on every device. Let us know if you have any issues or questions!

• runningp
    runningp
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars,
    As usual you guys are spot on. You know the product is great but the support you folks provide is the real keeper for me.

Your advice was specific and easy to follow; finally, “all is right in the world again...”

Thanks

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@runningp - thanks for the kind words! Glad I was able to help make all right in the world again (oh, if only I could really do that!). Have a great week. :)

This discussion has been closed.