Why is updated login password still in Security Audit

Options
BasilFawlty
BasilFawlty
Community Member

I just noticed that a login for a site I belong to stills shows up in Security Audit as having a password that is 3+ years old. This login entry was first created Jul 7, 2013, but I last updated the password Dec 14, 2017, as you can see in the attached picture. Why would it still show up in the audit as being 3+ years old?

1Password Version: 8.8.5
Extension Version: 4.6.12
OS Version: OS High 10.13.2S
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• BasilFawlty
    BasilFawlty
    Community Member
    Options

Forgot to leave image

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BasilFawlty - thanks for the screenshot. I'm not entirely sure why that would be. I can see you modified the record in 2017, but it isn't clear the password is what was modified. Can you try creating a new password for AACA, saving the record, then reverting to the previous one and see if that changes anything in Security Audit? Thanks for the legwork; let us know what happens.

• BasilFawlty
    BasilFawlty
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, I changed the password again and now it no longer shows up in the Security Audit. Sorry I can't revert to previous password because I did this before I saw your note (sorry). I'm pretty sure (but not 100% positive) that is was the password that I changed back in Dec 2017. Might be that I edited something else in the record other than the password, but based on the complexity of the password I'm pretty sure that’s what I would have changed (I only recently increased the complexity of all my password and this one looked like one I would have set recently not back in 2013 just based on how many characters it was. Again, I can't be 100% sure, but maybe 90%. Anyway, I did another re-set of the password and now it is no longer showing up in Sec Audit, so we're good. If the issue happens again, I'll let you know.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@BasilFawlty - thanks for the update; glad that worked for you!

This discussion has been closed.