Vault not syncing again?

AlwaysSortaCurious
AlwaysSortaCurious
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Anyone else seeing this lately? Added a few login items at home (windows 10) and can see them on my iPhone, but not on Windows at Work (Windows 7). Wondering if this is the same issue from a few builds ago? (lemme guess, if I am the only one, I'll open a ticket, but best to surface it now to see if it is a known issue or unmentioned larger issue?). Been in 1Password App on and off all morning.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member

Having this issue as well. None of my vaults sync at all.

They don't download new items, and if I create something locally it just vanishes.

1Password Version: 6.8.496
    OS Version: Windows 10, 1709

• @AlwaysSortaCurious: Do you use a proxy at work? We've done a lot to tweak sync with proxies of late and are tracking a potential issue here, but we haven't found any commonalities just yet. We might want some diagnostics from the work PC, but best to double check the easier bits first. :+1:

@ChaconC: This sounds like a more significant problem than a mere sync issue. A sync problem shouldn't be affecting your local database. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Windows PC:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Do not post your diagnostics here, but do include a link to this thread in the body of your e-mail so that we can connect the dots. If you let us know here when you've sent the report, we can make sure we track it down quickly. Thanks! :chuffed:

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

After a couple of hours, the password I created in Chrome showed up in the app. However, I'm still missing items I created on macOS (that show just fine in Android and another Mac)

I just sent the email with further information.

Edit: Further information. I just read this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/85827/all-items-does-not-list-all-items-on-first-launch#latest and I tried it. Turns out that's my (missing passwords) problem.

If I close and reopen, the new passwords don't show up. If I lock my vault and unlock, they show up. Good old turn it off and on again.

Sync is unrelated to this.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the update! I'm sorry for the trouble there. We're working on a fix so that the sidebar selection accurately displays on relaunch.

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member

@brenty that's one minor problem and it's not related to "on relaunch" but rather not updating at all. I create items and they don't show up until I lock the vault and unlock.

My main problem is items not syncing TO/FROM Windows. I created 5 total items on Windows yesterday, none of these items is available on macOS/Android/iOS.

I created 4 other items on macOS over the last week, none of these items is available on Windows.

• @ChaconC: Thanks for the clarification! I'm glad you were able to locate the missing items. Needing to lock and unlock actually makes this sound like it may be a UI refresh issue of some sort -- your items are getting created, but the view you're seeing isn't refreshing properly. That's a bit different from the issue in the thread you linked, but either way your diagnostics should tell us more and I've found them. We'll take a peek and get back to you via e-mail ASAP. :chuffed:

ref: GWY-83286-289

• ChaconC
    ChaconC
    Community Member

anything I can do short of deleting the app to force a sync? I need those items available on other platforms.

• AlwaysSortaCurious
    AlwaysSortaCurious
    Community Member

@bundtkate
    Sent, I grabbed a diagnostics when I noticed it. It eventually cleared up, but hey, that's what beta testers are for....

Oh, no proxy config here... so not part of that pattern of issues.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

anything I can do short of deleting the app to force a sync? I need those items available on other platforms.

@ChaconC: Deleting the app won't make a real difference unless the problem is that the app itself is damaged. Anyway, I see that Kate is in contact with you via email, so we'll continue the conversation there. Thanks for working with us on this! :)

ref: GWY-83286-289

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Sent, I grabbed a diagnostics when I noticed it. It eventually cleared up, but hey, that's what beta testers are for.... Oh, no proxy config here... so not part of that pattern of issues.

@AlwaysSortaCurious: Thanks for confirming, and for the diagnostics! We'll look into it. :)

ref: YKB-24259-469

This discussion has been closed.