To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Purchased 1password 5 three years ago, just today it says Trial Expired Click Here to Buy

radahaas
radahaas
Community Member

Hello,

I purchased a 1Password Mac + Windows Bundle - and its worked flawlessly (the Mac version at least) - I show now that it appears I have version 6.8.6 installed - did my version upgrade into one that isn't covered by the money I spent?

I used Dropbox to store / sync my license key, but I'm not able to select the file when trying to add the license. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you,

-Adam

1Password Version: 1.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OSX 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• radahaas
    radahaas
    Community Member
    edited January 2018

Also - my paid iOS app seems to work just fine without the Trial expired banners popping up and preventing usage

From https://support.1password.com/why-membership/ it states:

"I already own a 1Password license. Do I need to upgrade to a 1Password membership?
    If you purchased 1Password in the past and aren’t interested in the benefits of a membership, that’s totally fine. Thanks for supporting 1Password! You’re welcome to try a membership any time to see if it’s right for you.

If you have a new device and want to use your existing license with it, find your license and add it to the 1Password app."

• Hi @radahaas

1Password 6 for Mac uses a license file, not a license key. Do you have your license file still (perhaps in an email)? If you purchased 1Password 4 for Mac or greater it would include 1Password 6 for Mac.

Thanks.

Ben

• radahaas
    radahaas
    Community Member

Hi Ben,

Just as I checked, after entering my 6 license a couple times (accessing through the Tray icon on Mac), it ended up refreshing and it cleared off the Trial notice 10 minutes later or so. I had the license file, it was just previously not allowing me to attach it.

I don't really know what happened but I'm good. Thank you!

-Adam

• Thanks for the update Adam! Glad to hear you were able to get this resolved.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.